Saturday, September 12, 2020

September 11, 2020

 Friday September 11, 2020

Blog time 1800 sitting in living room

September 11, 2001 do you remember what you were doing on the day of the attacks.  I certainly do.  I first saw it on the TV at the MAC athletic club.  When I got to the office the staff was watching on our small TV.  This event I will always remember.  Other events I remember vividly are VJ Day in 1945.  The assassination of JFK.  Also remember the Gulf of Tonkin attack in 1964.

After my morning calisthenics I had breakfast and then headed out on my bike ride.  It was cool and gloomy but any day I can ride is a good day.  Today I rode 12.5 miles which is longer than my normal weekday ride.  

After I showered and dressed I drove the Fusion to Panera.  I got a coffee and just read some headlines. Left at 1130 and picked up Nancy and drove her to Book Club. Book Club starts at 1200 and ends at 1400.

I had two hours to runs some errands.  Stopped at Dick’s Sporting Goods to see their selection of sweat shirts.  Nothing I liked.

Next I stopped a Staples and bought a storage crate.  Need more storage for my winter clothes.

Final stop was Meijer’s.  Bought vanilla and chocolate snack packs, yogurt and wine.  

Dropped my purchases off and headed back to Book Club.  I arrived at 1400 and had to wait less than a minute.  We drove to Breton Village.  I visited Orvis and Fitzgerald’s.  No purchases.  

Nancy looked in Lululemon and Talbots.  She made no purchases.  

At home I headed downstairs to finish yesterday’s blog and start this blog.  Finished the afternoon with a mile walk.

For dinner Nancy fixed me a Trader Joe’s chicken pot pie.  Also had cottage cheese.  Good.

We watched the news and Jeopardy before switching to Acorn.  We watched an episode of Midsomer Murders.  

It was cool when I made my outside check at 2200.

No comments: