Friday, September 11, 2020

September 10, 2020

 Thursday September 10, 2020

Blog time 1230 sitting in Panera

Boy did I sleep in today.  Nancy gave me a good morning kiss at 0710 as she was heading out on her morning walk.  This afternoon she is working at the Gardens.

Calisthenics this morning at 100%.  Breakfast and then headed out on a 11 mile bike ride.  This morning encountered a big flock of Wild Turkeys.  It was gloomy with temps in 50s.  I was bundled up.

At home I shaved and showered.  Got back on bike and headed to Panera.

This and that;

Wildfires in Ca and Coronavirus dominates the new.

Will the folks trying to oust the Dictator in Belarus be successful?  The citizens need a change.  Lukashenko has been in power for nearly 30 years.   The citizens are crying for democracy.  Will Putin save him?

President Trump told Bob Woodward that he downplayed the seriousness of the Coronavirus because he did not want to panic folks.  The news media is having a hissy fit.   The goal of not overly alarming folks is what every leader should strive for.  

Folks wanting a medical system like the UK’s should read The Telegraph.  They had a recent article that folks needing surgery had to wait over a year.

Got home from Panera at 1300.  Nancy had already left for the Gardens.  Lunch and then I took a quick nap.  After the nap I headed downstairs for some more reading.  Finished the afternoon with a short walk.

For dinner tonight Nancy and I headed to Brann’s.  Started the evening with a drink, Margarita for Nancy and red wine for me.  For dinner Nancy had a cheese sandwich.  I had a bowl of white chicken chili.

At home watched the news and Jeopardy before switching to netflix.  Tonight we watched another episode of Young Wallander.  

Missy FaceTimed us this evening.  She has fixed AJ’s room up so it is better for virtual learning.  

It was raining and cool, 59, when I checked the front yard at 2200.  Low tonight 51 but a warmup tomorrow.

No comments: