Friday, September 4, 2020

September 3, 2020

 Thursday September 3, 2020

Blog time 1150 at Panera

We had a bright moon last night.  Nice to see the moon light streaming through the slider.

Up at 0630.  Sunrise today at 0709.  The temperature was 59.  Nancy headed out early for her morning walk.

Calisthenics and breakfast before heading out on my 11 mile morning ride.  Rode into bright sunshine and light wind.  The wind will pick up as the day progresses.  A cold front is moving in.

Shaved, showered, put on civilian clothes before biking to Panera.  Ordered my daily coffee and lately my preferred pastry a croissant.  They are soft and easy to chew which should make my dentist happy.

Read Alpena News, email and the News App on my ipad.  Headed out at 1200.  

Quick lunch today because I am picking up my new Ford Focus at 1300.  Nancy drove me to Fox Ford.

With all the electronics on new cars I had to spend about 45 minutes learning all the features.  Fox Ford has a dedicated employee whose job is to give new buyers a tutorials on operating the car.

I often wonder what my Grandfather Scott would think of all the features now available on cars. Such things as automatic transmission, power steering and air conditioning were unheard of in Grandfather’s cars.  Not to mention heated seats, cruise control and all the electronics.  My Grandmother Scott did not drive.  My Grandmother Hughes had a license but I never saw her drive.  

The Ford App was downloaded to my iPhone.  One of the features is remote starting.


As soon as I got home I took Nancy for a ride.  She approved of my purchase.

Other activities Thursday activities included a nap and walk.  Read the paper edition of the GRP.  

Good News:  It was announced on the evening news that the Governor will allow Fall HS sports to start.  Football will start the week after Labor Day.  Only a six game season but all teams will be eligible for the playoffs.  Indoor sports such as volleyball and swimming are also resuming.

Tonight we watched two episodes of Taken Down on Acorn.  I thought we had finished the series but one episode left.

 It was still very windy when I checked the front yard at 2200.  Low temp tonight in low 50s.

No comments: