Tuesday, September 8, 2020

September 7, 2020

Monday September 7, 2020

Blog time 1630 sitting in office

HAPPY LABOR DAY, 2020;  the end of summer and the start of school and the fall season.  Put away the seersucker shirts and jackets and break out the flannels.

I cannot recall any thing special we did on Labor Day during my youth.  I think we just rested and got ready for school tomorrow.

This morning was sunny and pleasant, 72.  We walked to Panera for breakfast.  Sat outside and enjoyed our coffee. I had oatmeal and a croissant to go with my coffee.

At home I took a relaxing 8 mile bike ride.  At noon Nancy and I drove to Meijer Gardens.  We spent an hour walking around.  This morning we walked the Garden’s boardwalk through their wetland area.  We saw a lot of waterfowl and turtles.  Lots and lots of turtles.  I keep forgetting was a great place the Gardens is to visit.  The place was jammed with families enjoying the beautiful day.

At home I had a quick lunch. Spent time checking email and news before finishing yesterday’s blog.

At 1700 I took a 3/4 mile walk.  Just before dinner I looked out the rear slider and saw three Sand Hill Cranes in the backyard.  Beautiful birds.

For dinner tonight Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs.  I had mine on toast.

We watched some news tonight.  Not much news on a holiday.

Switched to Acorn and finished watching season 1 of London Kills.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched another episode of Deadwind.  

It was windy and turning cold when I checked outside at 2200.  Rain most of night and the temp will drop to 55.

Received FaceTime messages from both Debbie and Missy.  The heat continues in CA.



No comments: