Thursday, September 3, 2020

September 2, 2020

 Wednesday September 2, 2020

Blog time 1000 sitting in Panera

Today is my easy Monday.  Got up at 0645 and looked outside.  It was raining hard.  

Nancy was going walking this morning with Carol Masten.  Because of the rain they had to call it off.  Nancy drove to Panera to get a coffee.

I did my calisthenics at 50% before breakfast.  Put on my street clothes and planned on driving the Escape to Panera.  However, it had stopped raining so I got on my bike.  Will take a longer ride later.

It is now 1000 and the temperature is 69 with bright sun.  

This and that:

I don’t know if it is our recent high humidity or just the change of season but I have increased my dosage of MG pills from 3 to four a day.  During the winter I need 8 pills a day.  Go figure.

Today I declared that I am back to normal after the recent dental implant surgery.  I am off the prescription meds and the bruises on my face are gone.

My next big health issues is the need for a hernia operation.  I will call the Surgeon and schedule a date for an operation.

Is the Kennedy era now ended?  Joe Kennedy III was defeated in the MA Senate primary yesterday.  I think he would have been a better choice than Senator Markey.  Sen Markey will bankrupt the country.

A CA court had said that the University of California system cannot use SAT of ACT scores in determining admission to their schools.  Why not?  The tests are universal and make comparisons easier.

Labor Day is coming up.  In my youth it was the unofficial start of the Presidential campaign.

Got home at 1130 and immediately changed into bike clothes.  This morning’s ride was almost 9 miles.  Slightly shorter than my other weekday rides.

Shower and then lunch, afternoon activities included:

Called Surgeon and scheduled my hernia operation.  It is set for Oct 27.

Called financial advisor and scheduled at meeting for next Tuesday.  The meeting will be held at our house.

Stopped by Fox Ford.  The AWD Fusion I had been looking at had been sold.  However, they had a used Fusion for sale that met all my needs.  I purchased the Focus.  Will pick up tomorrow.

Stopped at bank and got a Cashiers check for the car.

At 1700 took a 3/4 mile walk.  

No nap today, also because of the dental work no apples for another 6 weeks.

Nancy belongs to a Women’s club that meets once a month to select a charity to donate to.  Because of the Coronavirus the meetings are on Zoom.  Nancy watched the meeting on her iPad.  The meeting started at 1800 and lasted about an hour.

I had oatmeal and a croissant for dinner.

Tonight we watched an episode of Grantchester followed by The Marvelous Mrs Maisel.  Checked the yard at 2200, we had a bright full moon.


No comments: