Friday, September 18, 2020

September 17, 2020

Thursday September 17, 2020
Blog time 1630 sitting in office

The alarm goes off at 0630.  Nancy has another early class at MVP.  After some chin-ups I have breakfast and head out on my 7 mile ride to the Y.  It was 55 and sunny.

Saw no critters on the ride this morning.  Also noted the number of walkers and bike rides has declined substantially since Labor Day.

The Y has a standard welcoming procedure in place.  They take my temperature and ask some Coronavirus related questions.  I think I have had my temperature taken more times in the last 6 months than my previous 82 years.

The Y is not using any of their indoor sessions room.  I did see a well attended exercise class outdoors. The majority of folks using the indoor facilities are men.

Shaved and showered as soon as I got home.  I have a 1300 appointment with the oral surgeon so no bike to Panera. I took the Fusion.

At Panera I only had time to finish yesterday’s blog and read my email before heading out.  Quick lunch and then headed to the Dr Jesin’s office.  Today Dr Jesin inspected the area around my implants and said they are healing nicely. 

He laid out a plan.  On Oct 20 he will take more xrays and impressions.  This data will be used to make the permanent denture.  Two weeks later I will visit Dr Lambert my primary care dentist.  Dr Lambert will remove the temporary denture and bolt in my permanent denture.  The permanent denture is made of much stronger material that will allow me to eats apples and hard candy.  I will remain on the soft diet until mid November.  The upside to the soft diet, I have lost weight.

On way home I stopped at Meijer’s to replenish soft diet items like pudding and yogurt.  I bet my cholesterol has increased since the soft diet heavy on dairy products.

This afternoon Nancy and friend Carol Masten took a walking tour of the Gardens.  She said the Gardens had all their fall flowers in bloom.  They especially liked the display of huge pumpkins.

I found time this afternoon for a nap.  Followed the nap with a mile walk.

For dinner we headed to Brann’s.  Too cold to sit outside.  Nancy had a frozen margarita with cherry chicken salad and I had a glass of red wine and bowl of chili.  The food at Brann’s is always good.

We got home in time to watch Jeopardy.  On Apple TV we watched another episode of Wycliffe.  

Missy FaceTimed us this evening.  She said AJ is adapting to virtual school.  The air quality index is improving.

The Stars were out bright and clear when I checked the front yard at 2200.  Temperature will drop to low 40s this evening.




No comments: