Thursday, September 10, 2020

September 9, 2020

 Wednesday September 9, 2020

Blog time 1025 sitting in Panera

Up at 0600.  Today is Breakfast Club Wednesday.  Lately our meeting have been held on ZOOM.  Today we had 20 members in attendance.  The speaker was from Dwelling Place and she described their mission of providing low cost housing.  They manage over 30 structures.  Today’s Zoom presentation had some technical problems, mainly sound quality.

After BC I got in Fusion and drove to Panera.  It was still raining.  In fact it rained hard all night.  Should clear up after noon.  

This and that:

Signs of fall are all over the place.  The leaves are turning.  Noted the squirrels are very active.  They are picking up fallen acorns and walnuts and squirreling them away.  No pun intended.

For first time since March I turned on the heat to take the chill out of the house.

The Coronavirus has dominated the news but NE Mi has some serious drug problems.   Recently the Alpena News has been reporting on this problem.

Checked what my Great Grandfather Sanborn was doing on this day in 1938.  He picked potatoes in the morning and in the afternoon attended the last day of the Alpena County Fair.  The county fair was a big deal in 1938.

I remember in 1952 starting HS.  All freshman attended an assembly.  We were told the rules.  I remember that guys got three day excused absence for bird hunting and another three days for deer hunting.  Girls were not offered this privilege.

However, boys and girls got 5 days excused absence for potato picking.  Seems fair!

Classes taken, Latin, english, general science, algebra, physical education and I think one other class.

The rain had stopped at noon.  At 1220 headed out on a 8.8 miles bike ride.  The temperature was still in the 50s so I bundled up.

Lunch and headed to office to pay some bills.  First time this fall I turned on electric heater in the office.

No nap today. I did take a 0.8 mile walk.  My mile pace was 25’23”, really, really slow.

For dinner tonight Nancy fixed a frozen salmon dinner we purchased at Trader Joe’s.  Very good.  Also had cottage cheese, toast and a chocolate pudding cup.

Tonight we watched episode 1 of the Young Wallander.  I liked it Nancy not so hot.  Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up and watched the final episode of the Finnish show Deadwind.  I like the show.

It was cool and misting when made my 2200 check of the front yard.  Missy and AJ FaceTimed us this evening. AJ had spent the weekend at a friends cabin in Big Bear, Ca.  They were heading home.




No comments: