Saturday, September 26, 2020

September 25, 2020

 Friday September 25, 2020

Blog time noon at Panera

We set the alarm for 0630 so Nancy could make her early class at MVP.  I turned the alarm off and decided to stay up.  

Nancy headed out before 0700.  Chin-ups/sit-ups downstairs before oatmeal breakfast.

Sunny with temps in mid 50s when left home this morning.  We are not yet at peak color but it is rapidly approaching.  Noted today a lot of daisies growing wild along the bike trail.  The Township probably because of the Coronavirus has not groomed the side of the trail this fall.  Passed 6 foot tall cattails.  Kind of nice.

Not many folks working out inside today.  Next week the weather turns foul so expect the Y to be crowded.

At home quick shower before heading to Panera. Great day to sit outside and noted every table was filled.

This and that:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is the first women and Jewish person to lie in State at the US Capitol.  

After lunch Nancy and I headed to Woodland Mall.  My purpose was to purchase charging cords for the iPhone and iPad.  Apple has taken extreme precautions against the Coronavirus.  Security guards outside take your temperature and if ok tell you to stand on a circle.  Of course the circle is outside the store. An Apple employee asked what I wanted.  I told him and he entered the store to get my cords.  I paid for my purchase and never entered the Apple store.  I don’t think they would let me in to browse.

At 1700 Nancy and I drove to Bud and Stanley’s for dinner.  We met the Moleski’s.  We arrived at 1730 and the place was jammed.  We waited 20 minutes for a table.

The Moleski’s and Nancy had liver and onions.  I had meatloaf and mashed potatoes.  The food was very good.

At home we watch the news before switching to Acorn.  Tonight we continued watching Absentia.  It took a while to get up to speed.  We decided that in the future when we start a series we will stay with it to the end.  

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed us this evening.  We told them what a beautiful fall we are having.  Health wise every thing is ok.

Another bright moon when I went out at 2200.  Warm weather will continue through tomorrow.


No comments: