Friday, July 10, 2020

Thursday July 9, 2020

Thursday July 9, 2020

Blog time 1150 at Panera

Everyone was up at 0630.  Nancy took Ms P out and then headed to Walmart for some supplies.  Later she will take her morning walk.  She is now up to 2 miles with a goal of 3 miles.  

Calisthenics first thing this morning.  Breakfast and then headed out on my 10 mile morning ride.  Finally the wild turkeys have returned to my favorite viewing field.  This morning I saw 10.  

This time of year lawn sprinklers are a big problems.  Several times this morning I had to leave the trail to avoid getting wet.

Shaved face and head before shower.  After biked to Panera.  

Panera was not crowded.  I had my usual coffee with a sprouted grain bagel.  Checked email, finished yesterday’s blog and then started reading news.  

Left Panera at 1230.  Lunch and then Nancy and I ran some errands.

First stop was Kathi Kothe’s so Nancy could drop off her birthday present.
Next we drove to Breton Village.  Nancy headed to Talbots and I stopped at Fitzgerald’s.  Nancy purchased nothing and I bought a shirt.

At home I took a nap followed by an apple snack.   This afternoon a very heavy rain rolled through.  It was accompanied by high winds.

Nancy looked out the window and saw a critter in our courtyard.  I checked and it was not one but two skunks.  They hid under our concrete steps.

For dinner we had Shepard’s Pie.  Also had a salad and scone.

After dinner I headed to Ace Hardware.  Bought a spray bottle of skunk repellent.  The salesman said it worked but the spray’s smell was just as bad at the skunk’s.  

At home I put on a rain suit, boots, waterproof gloves and safety glasses.  The directions for the skunk repellent recommended wearing these items.  I sprayed all areas where I thought the skunks might reside.  The salesman was right the spray had a distinctive smell.  I sure hope it works.

We finished the evening watching an episode of an Irish crime show on Acorn.  Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up and watched Bordertown on Netflix.

Talked to Debbie and Missy today.  

Took Ms P out at 2200.  She has some mobility issues.  The Vet told us this was a side effect from the anti-seizure pills.  It should pass in several day.

Rain tonight and temps will not reach 80 tomorrow.

No comments: