Saturday, July 25, 2020

Friday July 24, 2020

Friday July 24, 2020

Blog time noon at Panera.

Slept in until almost 0700 this morning.  Nancy was already heading out for her morning walk.

Calisthenics and then breakfast before my 10 mile bike ride.  Another great day for a ride.  

Noted vehicular traffic was light.  Are folks who go to an office now working 4 day weeks?

Saw no critters today but last night I saw the two spotted fawns grazing in our back yard.  Did not see the mother.  Assumed she was in the woods.  I sure hope so.

When I arrived home the tree cutters were rigging the big pine tree in our side yard prior to cutting down.  I sure hope they have it figured out because the tree is leaning heavily towards our garage.

Showered, dressed and was heading to Panera when Nancy reported the tree was down.  The tree fell right where the riggers said.

This and that:

I am reevaluating my blog.  I spend too much time writing.  

I use the Arial font for the blog.  Font size is 18.

Yesterday I forgot to take my two noon time pills.  I noticed no ill effects.  Today I will eliminate a pill.  I now take 5 a day vs 8 in winter.

Baseball season started last night.  Who cares?

Panera’s noon time crowd today is like the pre-Coronavirus crowd.  Good sign.

Got home from Panera at 1245.  Quick lunch and then Nancy and I drove to Meijer Gardens.  

We took a walking tour of the Gardens.  Despite the Pandemic the Gardens looked well maintained.  The flowers were very colorful and the walk through the Japanese Garden was especially enjoyable.  We spent about 90 minutes walking around.

I did find time to take a short nap.  For dinner tonight we headed to Sundance.  Arrived at 1730 and the place was empty.  We sat outside and enjoyed our drinks before ordering.  Nancy had a club sandwich and I had a hamburger.  The food was good.

Got home in time to watch the National news and the Brooks and Shield segment on the PBS newshour.

Tonight we watched a Prime movie about a women freelance agent working with CIA.  Not very good.

It was still warm when I made my yard check at 2200.  Tomorrow is suppose to have index near 100.  Very uncomfortable.

No comments: