Monday, July 20, 2020

Sunday July 19, 2020

Sunday July 19, 2020

Blog time 1130 on Monday at Panera

Up at 0630.  Nancy dressed for her morning walk.  I drove to Meijer’s to get a banana for breakfast.  Then stopped at  Panera to get coffee for us to enjoy with breakfast.

Oatmeal breakfast with bagel and my recently purchased banana.  I am hooked on the instant oatmeal called Better Oats.  

Read some of the GRP before getting my iPad and turning on YouTube to watch this morning’s Trinity Lutheran church service.  Today was the 19th time Trinity’s service was virtual.  I still miss driving to church and seeing our fellow church members.  Being in the company of real people still trumps any virtual setting.

Looked out the window after church and saw that it had started raining.  I delayed my bike ride.

Steve called this morning.  I talked to him using my iWatch.  Dick Tracy also had a phone in his watch in the 50s.  Of course everyone remembers Dick Tracy.

Finished reading the GRP.  Today we learned that the GRP is closing its GR printing center and our paper is now being printed in Ohio.  The GRP is owned by an Ohio company that also owns papers in Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Ann Arbor and Flint and of course these papers are also being printed in Ohio.  Coverage of local news and sports has been sparse lately and will probably continue to get worse.  It is a shame that a community of 600,000 folks can not have a local paper.

The rain stopped about 1500 so I got on my bike and took an eight mile ride.  Judging from the size of the mud puddles we got a lot of rain today.

Short nap and an apple snack before dinner.  Tonight Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs.  I had mine on an English muffin.  After the dishes I took a short walk.

Tonight we watched an episode of Midsomer Murders.  Stepped outside at 2200 and it was still very humid.  

Talked to my sister, Helen, this afternoon.  After hanging up I got a message from Helen saying that daughter Jennifer’s husband, Sean Finnegan was taken to ER in Gaylord.  Sean has a blockage near his brain.  Helen later told me that Sean was sent to Munson Hospital in Traverse City.  God Bless Sean and Jennifer.  

No comments: