Thursday, May 14, 2020

Wednesday May 13, 2020

Wednesday May 13, 2020

Blog time 1000 sitting in office.

Nancy reported that we had frost on the ground this morning.  I got up at 0630 and my weather app said 30 degrees.  Good news, this is our last day of 30 degree temps until fall.  

This is Wednesday my easy day.  No bike ride until the temperature reaches 50.  I did do my calisthenics at 50% before breakfast.

This morning Nancy is having a video conference with her foot doctor at 0900.  I stood by to help her if she needed it.  She did not.

The Video link was poor.  However, the Doctor did phone her and it looks like Nancy is on the list for surgery.  

If Doctors are so smart how come they cannot get video conferencing to work smoothly.  Our GP’s system is also very buggy.

It is now 1030 and Nancy is on her morning walk.  It is sunny with temperature in low 50s.

Today is the 13th so I must buy a lottery ticket.  I tried online with no luck.

Spent time in office finishing yesterday’s blog and reading emails and papers.  At 1130 I decided it was warm enough to take my bike ride.

Today’s ride was 10.5 miles via my normal warm weather route.  Encountered no critters.  No deer or turkeys.

At home a quick shower before lunch.  Lunch and then headed out on some errands.

Stopped at Macatawa Bank and used the ATM to get money for Kim who cleans Friday.  We are in dire need of a good cleaning.

The car wash was on Old 28th Street was open so I got the car washed.

Filled up the Escape at D&W’s station.

Stopped at D&W to buy lottery ticket.  I always buy a ticket on the 13th.  I still remember in 1956 I won a Jeep in a raffle with ticket #13.

This and that:

The Telegraph had some spectacular photos of locust swarms in Africa.  The locust are devastating agriculture.  Famine is possible.  Almost Biblical!

EU countries and the UK have long been devastated by the Coronavirus.  Now, Turkey and Russia are beginning to feel its impact.  

Most folks are very good about wearing masks when shopping.  The only people I have noticed without masks are women in their late 30s.  I don’t know why?

Families staying at home would have a big problem if their internet goes down!  In fact, so would Bob and Nancy.

I really miss going to the Y and Panera.  Nancy and I also miss going out to eat.

French President Macron does not want a US Company to develop a Coronavirus vaccination.  Why?

The Democrats have a trillion dollar recovery plan they want passed.  I hope they don’t plan on bailing out underfunded local Government pension plans.  Fiscal conservatives should take a jaundiced view of this “let them eat cake” plan.

This afternoon I did find time for a nap followed by our apple snack.  Light dinner tonight.  Watched the news and Jeopardy before watching a New Zealand crime show.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed tonight.  We all gave positive reports.

Took Ms P out at 2200.  No rain but later tonight heavy rain will roll through.  Rain most of tomorrow.









No comments: