Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Monday May 11, 2020

Monday May 11, 2020

Blog time 1145 sitting in office

It was cold 32 when Nancy took Ms P out.  I checked my weather app and it said the wind chill was 26.  Brr!  No bike ride for me today.  Nancy said she would wait an hour before taking her walk.

I headed downstairs and did my calisthenics.  Today I added a 1,000m row.  Rowing is good aerobics.  My average heart rate was 127.

Showered and dressed.  Today I wore long underwear.  Long underwear in May, good grief.

I drove to Panera and got coffee for both of us.  Also bought a plain bagel.  Passed Nancy just finishing her 3.25 mile walk. 

Breakfast and and then headed down to my office.  Read the Alpena News and email before finishing yesterday’s blog.

It is now noon and I will take a break to get my walk in.  I hope to walk 2 miles.  

I did walk 2 miles.  I wore my warm peacoat and wool cap. 

As soon as I got home I had lunch, yogurt, hard boiled egg, cheese and chocolate.  Great lunch.

This and that:

I cannot figure out the Stockmarket.  The economic news is grim but the Stockmarket has not taken the beating you would assume. 

I keep complaining about the cold weather.  Yesterday we were 20 degrees below average.  However, this cold weather is not unusual.  I just checked Great Grandfather Sanborn’s 1938 diary for this date.

GGF Sanborn wrote that it froze last night and today they have strong cold winds.  Sound familiar?

GGF saw three rats this morning and shot two.  Drove to my Grandparents farm and got some rhubarb.  Spent time plowing his garden this afternoon.

GGF Sanborn when he wrote the May 11, 1938 entries was exactly the same age as yours truly, 82.  My days are a lot different than GGF.  I never shot a rat.

This afternoon I watched another episode of the Finnish crime show Bordertown before taking a nap.

After the nap I fixed our apple snack.  Finished the afternoon with a short walk.

Light dinner tonight.  Fixed after dinner snacks. Watched news and Jeopardy before switching to Apple TV.  Tonight we watched an episode of Midsomer Murders.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed us this evening.  We all gave a positive report.

Took Ms P out at 2200 and it was 39.  Freeze warnings up for tonight.

No comments: