Monday, May 25, 2020

Sunday May 24, 2020

Sunday May 24, 2020

Blog time 1730 sitting in living room

Woke up at 0700 to sun and temperature in mid 60s.  Nancy headed out first thing for her morning walk.  I dressed and had a relaxed breakfast of oatmeal, banana, sandwich thin with peanut butter.

After breakfast I drove to Panera to get a coffee for Nancy and me.  Panera was not busy.  Because I am a steady customer I was not charged.  Sat in living room drinking coffee and reading yesterday’s WSJ.

Nancy said she was overdressed for her walk.  She showered and then both of us sat on the living room couch and watched the 0915 service from Trinity Lutheran.   Pastor’s Bob, Dan and Karen were in a good mood today.  I think they are trying to lift the spirits of their parishioners.

At 1130 I pumped up the tires on my single speed Nishiki steel bike.  I bought the bike in the 70s but it is still in good shape.  Despite having only 1 speed it moves along because of the high pressure tires.  100 psi vs 60psi for my other two bikes.  Of course I try to avoid steep hills.

This morning the route I selected was my normal 10.5 mile weekday route, no big hills.  I encountered a lot of families out for a nice Sunday walk.  A very pleasant ride.

Today for the first time this year I wore only a single outer layer.  I have looked forward to this day all winter.

Got home at 1245, showered and then had a quick lunch.  After lunch I sat down to read the GRP but kept falling asleep.  Nancy told me to take a nap.   I complied.

Fixed our apple snack and then took a short walk.  For dinner Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs.  I had mine on an English muffin.  

No 60 Minutes so we retired to the den.  We tried to watched Endeavour on Prime but were told it is now available on Brit Box.  Instead watched an episode of Midsomer Murders on Acorn.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed us this evening.  We told them we are enjoying the Holiday and staying safe.

No comments: