Monday, May 18, 2020

Sunday May 17, 2020

Sunday May 17, 2020

Blog time 1700 sitting in office.

We all slept in today.  Nancy did take Ms P out at 0630.  She asked me to check when the rain would start and I said 0700.  I was right the rain started exactly at 0700.  

I did make a quick trip to Panera to get coffee.  I was balancing the coffee as I was opening our front door.  Yes, I spilled the coffee.  Not a great way to start the day.

It has rained all day.  We stayed inside all day.  This will be an easy blog.

The temperature was in the 50s all day.  Despite the relatively mild temps the house was cold.  Turned the heat up to 72.

This morning we watched the 8th virtual Trinity Lutheran Church service.  The church is still having problems solving their technical issues.  However, the Homily went well.

For the rest of the morning I read the GRP from cover to cover and many news stories on Apple News.  Last week I spent 4.5 hours a day on my iPad.

Lunch at 1300 followed by a short nap.  After the nap I fixed our apple snack.

When in my office I always put on a CD.  My current favorite’s list:

Best of “Old Crow Medicine Show”

Music from “O Brother Where Art Thou”

Merle Haggard 16 Biggest Hits.

Burl Ives sings “20 Gospel Favorites”

Johnny Cash’s “Super Hits”

Moya Fraser’s “Scottish Nickelodeon”

Woody Guthrie’s Greatest Songs

John Prine “The Best of John Prine”

Jimmy Buffett’s “Songs You Know By Heart”

The Kingston Trio

Hank Williams “The Ultimate Collection”

I am sure my selection of music reflects my small town “Solid Peasant Stock” upbringings.

For dinner Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs.  I had mine with bacon and an English muffin.

After 60 Minutes was over we switched to Apple TV and watched an episode of “Murder City” on Prime.  It was still raining when took Ms P out at 2200.

Debbie and Missy contacted us today.  We gave a positive report.

No comments: