Friday, January 3, 2020

Thursday January 2, 2020

Thursday January 2, 2020

Blog time 1110 at Panera

I was up at 0600.  Took Ms P out.  The temperature was 33.  Sun is expected later.

I had to wake Nancy up so she could go swimming.  Breakfast usually consists of a toasted sandwich twin with peanut butter and a banana.  I decided in 2020 would have only 1/2 a twin with banana.  

I was surprised that the Y was not very crowded with New Year resolution folks.  Calisthenics and mile walk before heading home in bright sun.

At home picked up my backpack and walked to Panera.  New routine at Panera in addition to my usual coffee  I now get a bowl of oatmeal/w apple chips, no more baguettes. The apple chips replace artificial sweetener.

Still no internet at home so I read email and digital news.  Found out that if I download the WSJ at Panera and rapidly scroll through all the articles I can open them at home even without internet.

Walked home in bright sun with temps in mid 40s.  The walks were almost ice free.  
Set out corn for deer.  With the above freezing temps our backyard is a quagmire.  Tried to find a dry spot to put the corn.

Before lunch I ran errands.  Stopped at bank to get money for Kim who cleans tomorrow.  Stopped at Chow Hound to get a 35# bag of corn.  Chow hound was out of corn.

Lunch and then Nancy and I drove to Horrock’s.  I bought their last bag of corn.  Is everyone feeding deer?  Nancy bought some fruit and vegetables.

My afternoon activities included:

A nap and fixing an apple snack.

Nancy called AT&T about our internet problems.  They said we will have service at noon on Saturday.  About 1500 customers are without internet.  Nancy let the AT&T folks that she was unhappy and expected a reduction in next months bill.  

We had a light dinner.  Watched news and several shows on regular TV.  I can see why folks prefer Netflix.  Poor quality shows continuously interrupted by commercials.  

NBC interrupted programming to announce that the USA attacked a site in Iraq and killed the main Iranian terrorist General.  Who knows what the impact of this action will have?

Nancy and I spend a lot more time reading since no internet.  I am almost finished with a book that under normal conditions would take me another three weeks.  This is an upside to no internet.




No comments: