Monday, January 27, 2020

Sunday January 26, 2020

Weekend update for WE Sunday Jan 26, 2020

Blog time Monday 1040 at Panera

Saturday January 25, 2020

Saturday morning the temperature was above 32 and the walks were dry.  We walked to Panera.  The place was empty.  Nancy had her flavored coffee and I had oatmeal and a bagel.  Saturday mornings at Panera we have time to talk.  Discuss family matters, upcoming events and possible travels in the near future.

On our walk home we stopped at the condo down the road.  They were having an estate sale.  The condo was configured exactly the same as ours.  Nancy said they did not have any items that interested her.  I bought two coffee table type books on the US Navy.

As soon as I got home I put out corn for deer and then got in the Escape to run errands.

Stopped at bank’s ATM and got cash.
Dropped off a pair of pants to get shortened.
At the Chow Hound I bought a 35# bag of corn.
Stopped at the Y for some light calisthenics and a shave and shower.

It was raining when I left the Y.  Lunch and then a short nap.
At 1730 we left home and picked up our old neighbor Sonya and drove to Vitales for dinner.  Glad we had reservations because the place was jammed.  In fact the parking lot was full.  I parked in the handicapped lot, ran inside and got Sonya’s handicap sign.  

The food was good.  I had spaghetti with meatballs, Nancy had lasagna and Sony a shrimp dish.  Our only complaint was the place was too noisy.

Got home at 2000.  Debbie FaceTimed us and we got caught up.  Watched a new crime show on Prime.  We gave it a C-.  Still raining when I took Ms P out at 2200.

Sunday January 26:

Mist and ice so no walk this morning. I slept in until 0700.  Today Trinity Lutheran is packing 25,000 meals.  The tables had already been set up when we arrived.

After the service Nancy and I started packing lunches.  We worked from 1030 to noon.  The meals consist of rice, soy, a vegetable mix and a vitamin mix.  All meals items were in powder form.  We filled small plastic bags with each food item.  Each bag will feed five adults.  To serve you just had to add a bag to boiling water.  I think a great idea.  Simple and nutritious, no fluff.

It was great to see so many church members volunteering.  Packing the lunches is very labor intensive so the more folks the better.  Drinks and snacks were provided.  A very Christian project.

We stopped at Meijer’s on way home.  Gas today was $2.34.

Read some of GRP and put out corn before having lunch.  Took my mandatory Sunday nap followed by apple snack.  Finished afternoon with a 30 minute walk.

Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  I also had bacon and spinach pie.  Early this evening we had eight deer in the back yard eating corn.

The news tonight was dominated by the tragic news of the death of Kobe Bryant and his daughter in a helicopter crash.

No 60 Minutes tonight because of the Grammys.  We watched an episode of Brokenwood Mysteries.  I stayed up and watched another episode of Occupied.


It was at freezing with some ice forming when I took Ms P out at 2200.  Above normal temps for next week.

No comments: