Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Monday January 27, 2020

Monday January 27, 2020

Blog time 1130 at Panera:

Up at 0630, Nancy had already taken Ms P out. She said it was icy.  Surprise! Today Nancy has no scheduled activities aside from a class at MVP.

Last night both my arthritic hips hurt so I had to take some Motrin.  I think the pain was caused by just standing in place yesterday packing lunches.  I have concluded standing is worse than walking.

I drove to the Y.  It was not crowded.  The resolution folks have gone.  Calisthenics and a mile walk before showering and heading to Panera.

This and that:

75 Years ago on this date the Auschwitz Prison Camp in Poland was liberated.  The world got to see the atrocities committed by the Nazis.

The Coronavirus outbreak might be more serious than originally thought.

Is anyone watching the Impeachment trial?  I am not.

Michigan could sure use a full day of sunshine.  Read an article that said too much sugar on these dark gloomy days can lead to depression.

Last week we had a foot of snow on the ground. It is now disappearing fast.  High temperatures for the next week will be above freezing.  

As soon as I got home I put out corn for the deer.  My next activity was a two mile walk.  The walk are now ice free.

Lunch and then I headed downstairs.  Spent an hour printing IRS 1099 forms and gathering tax data.  We have most of needed tax data except for Wells Fargo and Fidelity.   They claim the 1099s will not be available until mid-February.  Bummer!

Six deer came early today.  They had eaten all the corn by 1500.

This afternoon I pulled our lawn chair out of storage and into the office.  Grabbed a comforter and took a short nap.  The lawn chair unlike our recliners in the den is long enough to support my feet.  Problem with the recliner is that my unsupported feet fall asleep after 30 minutes.  Should I buy a larger recliner for the den?

After the nap I fixed our apple snack.  Tonight we had a light dinner.  After the news/Jeopardy and after dinner snack we watched an episode of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel.  I stayed up and watched episode 1 of “The Witcher”.  I read that this is Nexflix’s most watched show.  I gave the show a C-.

Light dusting of snow when I took Ms P out at 2200.  Temp was 29.

Nancy taught me that I should read aloud everything I have written before publishing.  Every day I follow this advice when proofing the blog.  I am surprised at how many mistakes I find.  Still find a lot of grammar mistakes.



No comments: