Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Monday September 30, 2019

Monday September 30, 2019

Everyone slept in until 0630.  It was foggy and 57 when Nancy and Ms P went out.  

No items on our calendar for today.  Nancy headed out to MVP for a class.  After breakfast I dressed for a big warmup.  It was foggy when I started my ride but ten minutes into the ride it started to sprinkle.  Bummer, all my apps said no rain today.  Luckily the rain only lasted 10 minutes.  My average time to the Y on my 7 mile route is 52 minutes.  Of course I have six traffic signals that slows me down.

Calisthenics and a walk at the Y.  It is always easier to do my calisthenics on Mondays.  I think the rest over the weekend helps.

This and that:

I just checked and the stock market is up today.  I am surprised with all the bad news in the world.

The unrest in Hong Kong continues.  Will China crack down?

I have been asking folks their feeling on the Impeachment and most folks have tuned out.

SW Michigan has an outbreak of Eastern Equine Encephalitis.  A lot of evening sporting events are moved to a start time of about 1600 when mosquitoes are not active.  Everyone is sprayed with deet.

We have had 7.31” of rain in September.  Our average is 4.3”.  Rainy month!

California wants to let college athletes receive pay.  All the major California universities opposed.  I am opposed.  I think colleges should de emphasize all athletics, especially football.  In my day football season was 9 games and the players played both ways.

Lately my stay at Panera has increased due primarily to my time spent on blog.  I have been thinking of just writing a daily summary.

Panera now has butternut squash soup.  Love butternut squash soup.

On my way home I encountered three young deer feeding along the shoulder of the road.  I had time for several photos.

After I showered and had lunch I ran some errands.  Stopped at Macatawa Bank to get some cash.  Next I visited REI, a new sporting goods store near Woodland Mall.  I bought a wool cap to wear under my bike helmet on cold days.
Finished the afternoon with a nap followed by an apple snack.  Light dinner followed by dishes and then Nancy’s cheese/cracker snack.  Took a mile walk.

After the news and Jeopardy we watched the final episode of “My Life is Murder”.  It was 72 at 2200 when I took Ms P out.  Warm weather continues through tomorrow. 



No comments: