Monday, October 14, 2019

Sunday October 13, 2019

Weekend update for WE Sunday 13OCT19

Blog time 1745 Sunday sitting in office.  Blog continues on Monday 1100 at Panera;

Saturday morning was cold.  We bundled up for our walk to Panera.  I had my standard oatmeal breakfast.

As soon as we got home Nancy started the laundry and I headed out on a 12 mile bike ride.  The trees are almost at full color.  On a sad note I noted another dead deer along the route.

Shaved, showered and then lunch.

Afternoon errands;

Dropped shirts off at Curtis Cleaners.

Bought dark chocolate bar at Harvest Food.  These bars are now my nightly snack.  Low sugar, high iron.

Picked up Ms P’s meds at Vets.  Ms P’s monthly med cost is more than Nancy’s and mine combined.

Bought bananas at D&W, also pick up a Priority Mail box.

Took a short nap.  At 1645 Nancy and I headed to Trinity Lutheran for a charity event, silent auction.

The event was well attended, good food and wine.  Yes folks we drank wine in Church.  We bid on several items.  I did purchase a large painting of a coal fired train at the Clare, Michigan Depot.  I just liked it.

Home at 2030, watched an Apple TV show before turning in.

Sunday October 13.  Another cold morning, 40, with rain predicted for this afternoon.  We took our Sunday morning walk, 1.2 miles.  

As soon as I got home backed the car out of the garage.  This morning the power will be shut off at 0830.  CPC says it is for equipment upgrade.

We left for church at 0845.  The power was off.  Good turnout at this morning’s service.

Gas was $2.54 today.  Only purchased five items at Meijer’s.  Took a 2 mile walk before lunch.  

With no power we have no heat.  Nancy was cold so we got in car and took a pleasant  hour’s  drive around the Township.

With no power, no internet so we read the paper copy of the GRP.  No electric blanket to keep me warm during my nap.  I had to put on an extra blanket.  
I love my electric blanket.  I have been using an electric blanket ever since I slept in the cold room at my college fraternity.  This room was in the attic of the large fraternity house.  The windows had been removed.  Several mornings we had snow on the floor.  Had to wear a wool stocking cap.

Tonight we watched 60 Minutes and then an episode of DCI Banks.  Ms P had another seizure around midnight.    













No comments: