Thursday, October 24, 2019

Wednesday October 23, 2019

Wednesday Tuesday October 23, 2019

Blog time 1730 sitting in downstairs office.

Up with the 0515 alarm.  Dressed for Breakfast Club.  The temperature was 42 so for the first time this year I wore my wool pea coat.  The sun does not come up until 0804 so the drive downtown was in complete darkness.  Traffic was heavy.

Good turnout this morning.  The speaker was a Kent County Commissioner who talked about the problems with locking up folks with mental health issues before their trials.  Most of the prisoners cannot afford a cash bond so they are put in jail.  Locking up potentially innocent folks is a problem.  Good presentation.

Stopped at the Y on the way home.  Calisthenics at 50% but I did walk a mile.  Headed straight home after the Y.  Changed clothes and gathered up the trash.  Also read some news on my iPad.

Before I left this morning I turned on my laptop and started downloading the new operating system.  I checked when I got home and the system was downloaded.  It appears the laptop and iPads operating systems now have a lot in common.

I took a short easy bike ride (6 mi).  Stopped at Meijer’s for Pinconning soft cheese, chocolate bars and snack size bread.

This afternoon Nancy is working at the Gardens.  After lunch I did a load of laundry before a nap.  

Spent time in office reading the news and starting blog.  Nancy got home at 1700.  She said the gardens was busy.  Finished the afternoon with our apple snack.

We had a light dinner.  Watched news/Jeopardy ate our after dinner snack before switching to Acorn.  Started watching an episode of Midsomer Murders.  I fell asleep 10 minutes in.  I woke up when Debbie FaceTimed us.  

First time we talked to Debbie in several weeks.  Spent time catching up.  Debbie was driving home from work.  It takes her 40 minutes to drive 12 miles.


Watched some of the World Series before turning in.  The big cool down is now underway.

No comments: