Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Tuesday October 15, 2019

Tuesday October 15, 2019

Blog time Wednesday 1000 at Panera

Boy, I am a day late writing Tuesday’s blog.

Tuesday morning the temperature was 36.  Coldest morning this Fall.  

Nancy headed out for her swim at MVP.  After breakfast I bundled up and biked in bright sun the 7 miles to the Y.  Only my hands got cold.  I was wearing light mittens and should have worn my chopper mitts.

At the Y I ran into Kurt Kimball, the ex GR City Manager.  Had trouble recognizing Kurt because he was not wearing his toupee.  He looked great and told me he has been retired 10 years.  Kurt has moved to a condo and now lives in Plainfield Township.  He said he is now a township guy.  Kurt was a great City Manager.  He was GR’s longest serving CM which is quite an accomplishment.

At Panera I finished Monday’s blog and read the headlines.  Left early because today I am taking the Taurus for an oil change.  Nancy says all kinds of warning lights are going off.

It was 56 when I left Panera, a rise of 20 degrees since this morning.  Shaved, showered and quick lunch before heading to the Ford dealer.  
The dealer this summer built two new bays for oil changes.  No more waiting they claimed.  Wrong!

The wait was 2.5 hours, much to long. I left.  On way home stopped at bank and laundry.

This and that;

Big Democrat debate tonight.  Think anyone will tune in?

The USA is the loser in the Middle East and Russia and Turkey are the winners.  Our enemies will become emboldened by our “all talk but no action” attitude.

The impeachment actions of the House are keeping it from important things like infrastructure and immigration. Just censure the President and get on with the People’s business.  Work to defeat him in 2020.

Super light quilted jackets are the most popular cold weather gear.  No quilted jackets in my youth.  Wool was the preferred warm weather material.

We are nearly at full Fall color.  

I took a short nap followed by our apple snack.  This evening Nancy and I attended the monthly neighborhood dinner at Noto’s.  27 folks were in attendance.  The food and wine were great.  We sat at a table with neighbors we had not met before.  It was really enjoyable.  Nice conversation.

Got home at 2000. Watched NCIS and a netflix before turning in.  Rain predicted for tonight.

   








  

No comments: