Thursday, October 3, 2019

Wednesday October 2, 2019

Wednesday October 2, 2019

Blog time 0940 sitting in living room.

Heavy rain last night.  Ms P in this high humidity has trouble breathing.  She makes a lot of noise.  Nancy was so disturbed by the noise that she slept in the living room.

As usual Nancy took Ms P out at 0600.  I got up at 0625.

Today we have the refrigerator repair man coming to install a new cooling unit.  We expect him some time between 0800 and 1000.

I quickly dressed and drove to Panera.  It was raining.  I had an oatmeal breakfast.  Got home about 0730.

The refrigerator repair man arrived at 1000.  Same time we had Fish Window Washing stop by and give us an estimate to clean all our windows inside and out.  We agreed to his price and will get the windows cleaned in a couple of weeks.

Nancy told me some bad news when she got home.  Our old neighbor Allen Bennett had passed yesterday.  The one thing I remember about Allen, a successful lawyer, is his story about driving horse drawn carriages on Mackinaw Island during his college summers.  Allen was raised on a dairy farm near Newaygo.  His father and Uncles also raised horses.  Allen said the Mackinaw job was the best job he ever had.  He could not believe that he got paid to do something he loved.  Rest In Peace, Allen.  God Bless.

It took 90 minutes for the refrigerator repair man to install the new evaporator and recharge the system.  He said we should be good for another 10 years.  I sure hope so.

Nancy is working at the Gardens this afternoon.  She left at 1230.  Lunch and then I started Wednesday chores, laundry and trash.  I did find time for a nap.

After the nap I put on my rain coat and walked to Meijer’s to pick up at prescription.  I needed to get my 30 minutes outside.

Nancy lost her internet connection on her iPad and iPhone.  She thought it was because of the Apple store making her change passwords while her watch was being repaired.  I checked and I had also lost my connection.  Called my computer guru and he said try unplugging our modem unit.  I did but no luck.  Called the guru back and he said I probably inadvertently turned the on/off switch off. Checked again and yes he was right.  

Comment on MLB and NHL long seasons;

The MLB playoff begin tonight.  The World Series will end on Oct 31.  In 1948 the last game of the World Series was Oct 11.  Three weeks longer.  
The NHL season begins tonight, in 1956 it started on Oct 31.  The Stanley Cup ends June 12 this year and in 56 ended April 10.  Good grief two months longer.  Hockey is a cold weather sport.  

Light dinner tonight followed by cheese/cracker snack for Nancy.  Tonight we watched a show on Acorn and I stayed up and watched an episode of Marcella on Netflix.  It took awhile but I am finally into this show.

Raining when took Ms P out at 2230.  Rain continues through tomorrow.




No comments: