Thursday, October 17, 2019

Wednesday October 16, 2019

Wednesday October 16, 2019

Blog time 1120 on Thursday at Panera.

Wednesday my easy day, up at 0630.  Nancy said it was cold with temperature in high 30s.

Today I changed my normal schedule.  I decided to go swimming.  I checked the pool schedule and found I  have to get to the Y by 0730 to get a lane.

Dressed in my winter bike clothes, headed out at 0715.  It was pitch black and drizzling so I turned all the bike lights on.  Took the shortest route to the Y, 1.7 miles.  Stayed on sidewalks most of the way.  Found out that the built in front light on the Cannondale does not work well.

There were three empty lanes out when I arrived.  Ten minutes after I started the pool was full.  Good timing!

I turned my Apple Watch to the swim function.  I swam for 30 minutes.  Checked my watch and it said I swam 950 yards, 475 yds breaststroke and 475 yards freestyle which was correct.  However, the watch said my average heartbeat was 130 which I thought was high.  I did not feel stressed during my swim.  If true, swimming would be a great aerobic exercise for me.  For comparison I checked this morning’s 7 mile bike ride and my avg heartbeat was 104.

At Panera I had an oatmeal breakfast.  Finished yesterday’s blog and read some headlines.  Left early because this afternoon I am taking the Taurus in for an oil change.

Nancy is working at the gardens this afternoon.  She took the Escape.  Unlike Tuesday the oil change lanes were empty so they started work immediately.  Walked around the showroom and looked at the new pickups and SUVs.  All the vehicles cost over $30,000.  Major league sticker shock.  There were no sedans on display.  Apparently folks are not buying sedans.

At home I had a quick lunch and started Wednesday chores.  Trash, recyclables were taken out and I did a load of laundry.  Found time for a nap.

Nancy was home early from the Garden’s.  It was such a dreary day no one showed up.

Left home at 1715 and headed to Red’s at Thousand Oaks   Golf Course.  We had dinner with Bill and Carol Masten and Doug and Cathy Vance.  Red’s has great food.  I had the perch dinner.  We spend several hours in pleasant conversation.

At home we watched the season’s final episode for “Line of Duty”.  Got a midnight alert from Channel 8 for a possible frost.  Woke me up. Will delete app in morning.  





    

No comments: