Sunday, October 13, 2019

Friday October 11, 2019

Friday October 11 2019

Blog time 1050 at Panera

I got up with the alarm at 0600.  Took Ms P out and it was a mild 62 with light sprinkle.  

Sister Helen and Barb want to leave for Kalamazoo at 0630.  Helen was up early and made herself coffee.  They did not want Nancy’s world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast.

It was raining hard when Helen and Barb left on schedule, 0630.  Nancy headed to MVP at 0715.  Today Nancy has book club so I won’t see her until later this afternoon.

Because of the rain I drove to the Y.  Arrived before 0800, a first time for me.  I did my calisthenics and a mile walk.  Showered and drove to Panera.  I had an oatmeal breakfast.

This and that;

Story in today’s Alpena News about a farmer growing pumpkins weighing between 800 and 900 pounds.  Big celebration downtown with the carved pumpkins on display.

President Trump’s action in Turkey are having a major backlash.  Using the Kurds to defeat ISIS and then bailing is reprehensible.

Big article in The Telegraph about the invasion of the Asian Stink bug.  The EU’s fruit crop could be threatened.  

The same stink bug has invaded Grand Rapids.  Every day I must step on 40 of these pests.  They don’t bite and I thought them harmless until I read the article.  A good frost will kill most of them.

California lectures every one on carbon emissions from gas and Diesel engines.  However, they do not allow  cutting of forests and clearing fire lanes.  The carbon released from their massive forest fires could be reduced by proper forest management.  

Got home at 1300.  Quick lunch and then headed to Gazelle Sports.  I bought a pair of swim googles.  I checked the Y’s new Fall Pool schedule this morning and found they have the entire lap pool open during convenient times.  I think I will add two days of swimming to my schedule.  Might help reduce hip pain.  Stay tuned.

Nancy got home at 1500. Said they had a good discussion at Book Club.  Next month the BC is meeting at our house.

Took and quick nap and then a short walk.  Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  Of course we also had bacon and spinach pie.

Tonight we watched another episode of Doc Martin.  As usual a great show.  








No comments: