Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Tuesday October 22, 2019

Tuesday October 22, 2019

Blog time 1230, sitting in home office

Set alarm for 0615 so I can get my morning activities done before the Window Washers come at 1000.

It was dark, cool (49), with a light drizzle when I headed out.  This morning I added another light to the handlebars, which makes biking safer.  Took the shorter five mile route to the Y.

Same calisthenics and walk that I do Tuesdays.  The Y manager did make an effort to talk to me this morning.  Yesterday, I filled out an online questionnaire.  I complained about the Y not having a dedicated chin up bar.  She pointed out several machines that had chin up capabilities.  I appreciated her quick response to my concerns.

Arrived at Panera at 0930 had a coffee, baguette and started reading.  Called Nancy at 1000. The window washers had not arrived.  

Because Nancy has lunch with friends and later training at the Gardens and I have a 1330 Doctor’s appointment we want the washers to do the inside windows first while I am home.

It was raining when I left Panera at 1015.  The window washers arrived and said because of the rain we should reschedule.  Sounded good to us.  They will return Nov 4.

Showered and shaved before a quick lunch.  At 1300 I headed to Dr Mary Yurko’s office.  Dr Mary has been my dermatologist for over 10 years.  I think she is very competent.

I was given a full body inspection.  Dr Yurko found several spots that required liquid nitrogen.

My recent bike magazine had an article on the need for bike racers to shave their legs to lessen the impact of a bad fall.  I checked and found I have no leg hair or for that matter arm hair.  I asked Dr Yurko and she said losing body hair is all part of aging.  I did not know that.

At home I took a short nap.  Nancy got home at 1600 and we had our apple snack.

Nancy said the lunch with her Meijer’s coworkers was fun.  She said the training session was all about responding to an active shooter.  

Nancy fixed me clam chowder for dinner.  She was not hungry because of a big lunch so she just had a hard boiled egg with toast.

After the news and Jeopardy we switched to Prime TV.  Watched the final episode of a Ruth Rendell Mysteries series.  I fell asleep half way through the show.

Breakfast club tomorrow so I headed to bed with Nancy at 2200.  A cooling trend will set in tomorrow.  No more 60 degree days.










No comments: