Friday, October 18, 2019

Thursday October 17, 2019

Thursday October 17, 2019

Blog time 1220 at Panera.

Got up at 0645.  Nancy said it was cold, low 40s.  Swim day for Nancy. 

After breakfast I headed out.  I stopped during the ride to take a photo of several trees in full fall bloom. Encountered no critters during my 7 mile ride.

Calisthenics and walk before heading to Panera.  Lately Panera has been empty when I arrive.  Maybe all the old regulars have headed south.

This and that; 

Monday was Columbus Day. I forgot that it was a Federal Holiday so no mail.  Checked today and found out Columbus Day has been a Federal Holiday since 1937.  Several states have changed the name of the Holiday from Columbus Day to Indigenous People’s Day.  I hope the Feds don’t change the name.

What would happen if POTUS didn’t tweet for a week?  The news folks would probably go bonkers!

When was the last time you ate Swiss steak or Spanish rice?  My mother fixed tuna noodle goo for dinner.  Very good.

Looks like the E.U. and UK have reached an agreement on BRexit.  Now the hard part, Parliament must approve.  The UK Parliament is more bitterly divided than our congress.

I did not get home until almost 1330.  Shower and quick lunch before heading down to the office.  Spent several hours cleaning my desk.  Our travel agent called this afternoon and we confirmed our flight status for our trip to Ca.

Fixed our apple snack before taking a nap.  Light dinner then fixed Nancy her cheese/cracker snack and I had several squares of dark chocolate.


On Thursdays a new episode of Doc Martin is released.  We watched.  As always it was great.  I stayed up and watched a new show on Netflix.  Frost warnings up for tonight.

No comments: