Monday, May 6, 2019

Sunday May 5, 2019

Weekend Update for WE 05May19

Saturday May 4, 2019

Also some folks call today Starwars day, May the 4th be with you.  Get it!

Blog time 1500 sitting in downstairs office.

Nancy was up early, 0600, and took Ms P out.  She said it was nice, 46, with little wind.  Perfect for a walk to Panera.

I did some mild calisthenics before we walked to Panera.  The sun was out which always makes an early morning walk pleasant.

I had my usual oatmeal breakfast and Nancy had her coffee.  She said next week she is having breakfast because the pastries looked good.

At home Nancy started the laundry.  For the first time this year I put on my knickers and headed out on a 12 mile ride.  Felt good.

Shaved and showered before lunch.  After I headed downstairs to finish Friday’s blog.

This and that:

Today Debbie is in Shanghai.  Debbie said every day two full United flights leave from SFO for Shanghai.  Despite our problems with China it is good that we can travel to it.  In 1964 I took an R&R to Hong Kong, then a British Colony.  I took a tour to the border with China so I could say I have seen it.  China was closed to USA citizens.

Walnut Hills HS in Cincinnati had 17 students who had perfect score on the ACT.  Nation wide the number of perfect scores is 6X higher than in 2011.  Talk about grade inflation.

I never took an ACT or SAT test.  It was not required in Michigan in the 1950s.  I know New York required students to take a test called College Boards.  It was a stressful time for NY students.

Israel retaliated after 150 rockets were fired into the country from Gaza.  What were the folks in Gaza thinking.  You fire 150 rockets and you sure would expect retaliation.

This afternoon after my office work I fixed our apple snack and then took a nap.  This evening we had dinner at Shepard’s Grill.  Nancy had a bowl of soup and I had a burger.  Good Burger.

Shepard’s was crowded and very noisy.  The Kentucky Derby was on and folks went wild during the race.  One of the diners won $500.  However, her glee was short lived because her horse was disqualified.
At home we watched the news before switching to Apple TV.  Watched Midsomer Murders before turning in.

Sunday May 5, 2019

Set the alarm for 0615 but Nancy was up before that because Ms P had to go out.  The weather was great, 51 and sunny.

No flashlights needed for our walk around the block.  The sun is up at 0625.  We did see two deer on our walk.

I did some mild calisthenics before breakfast.  I drove to Panera for a quick cup of coffee.  At home read several sections of the GRP before heading to Trinity Lutheran.

We were surprised that church was very crowded today.  A lot of young families which is a good sign.  Unlike a lot of mainline churches I think Trinity Lutheran is very healthy.

Stopped a Meijer’s for supplies.  Gas was $2.97 today.

Got home before noon.  Too early for lunch so I headed downstairs.  Checked my mail and paid bills.

Lunch and then a quick nap.  Nancy has her Book Club this Friday so I decided I better clean some windows.  They have an accumulation of winter grime.  I washed all the windows on our main floor.  

Before dinner fixed our apple snack.  Tonight Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs.  Also bacon, spinach pie and cole slaw.  Very good.

We watched 60 Minutes before watching an episode of Scott and Bailey.  Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up and watched Serangoon Road.  I like this show.  It is set in Singapore in the mid 60s.  I visited Singapore in 1964 and fell in love with the City.  I think only 1 episode remains.










No comments: