Monday, May 13, 2019

Sunday May 12, 2019

Weekend Update for WE 12May19

Blog time 1445 Saturday sitting in office

Saturday May 11, 2019

Took Ms P out at 0615.  The temp was in high 30s but the sun was almost up.  Sunshine trumps everything.

The weather should be great for today’s 42nd Old Kent Riverbank Run.  I ran in the first.

We bundled up for our walk to Panera.  We arrived just before 0800 and the place was empty.  I had my oatmeal and Nancy had coffee.  

As soon as we got home we grabbed Ms P and headed to Meijer’s.  Nancy has to make a potato dish for tomorrows Mother’s Day brunch at Moleski’s.  

At home Nancy started the laundry.  I put on my warm bike clothes and headed out.  Today I took the very hilly Buttrick Ave route.  I wanted to check out if I should put on smaller front chain ring.  The smaller chain ring will make hill climbing slightly easier.  After several hills I decided I would order the smaller ring.  Total miles today, 11.

I did some mild calisthenics before showering.  Lunch and then I headed downstairs to finish yesterday’s blog and start the weekend blog.

Nancy just asked me to check her iphone.  It was dead.  She has headed to the Apple Store to get a new battery.

Nancy just returned from the Apple Store.  They got her iPhone working by just pushing and holding the power button for a long time.  I had tried that but apparently for too (to?) short a time.  As the say “live and learn”.

For dinner tonight we headed to Schnitz Deli in Ada.  We arrived at 1700 and the place was empty.  At 1730 all tables were occupied.  I had a bowl of white chicken chili and Nancy had the French dip.  Of course I ate some of Nancy’s sandwich.  

At home we watched Midsomer Murders.  Debbie FaceTimed us tonight.  She had just returned from her trip to Shanghai on Friday.  It sounded like a great trip.

Sunday May 12, 2019

Temp in low 40 and cloudy this morning.  Being Sunday we started the day with our 1.25 mile walk around the block.    No flashlights needed because sunrise is at 0616.  I look forward to our Sunday walks.  

After breakfast I made a quick trip to Panera to get a cup of coffee.  Read several sections of the GRP before heading to Trinity Lutheran for the 0915 service.  Church was jammed.  Today we had a Baptism and honored this year’s members who finish high school.  These events were squeezed into the regular service.  

No Meijer’s today because Nancy has to get home to prepare a potato dish for today’s Book Club Mother’s Day brunch.  I dropped Nancy off and then headed to D&W to get gas.  Gas at D&W was $2.79.

I took a short walk before lunch.  Lunch and then a nap.  We left for Moleski’s at 1440 in light rain.  Six of the seven book club members were in attendance.  Tom Moleski and yours truly made for eight.

Good food!  I had catfish with Nancy’s great potato dish.  For dessert we had cheese cake.  Very good cheese cake.  In fact so good I had two pieces.  

We arrived back home at 1830.  Watched 60 Minutes, Wycliffe and Mystery Road before heading to bed.

Nancy has developed a bad cold.  She claims that sleeping on the living couch provides the best sleeping surface for her. 

Today is Mother’s Day.  Mother’s are special.  I remember in 1964 while stationed in Vietnam I received a Valentine from my Mother.  All the other men in my group also received a Valentine from Mom.  Moms rock!




No comments: