Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Monday May 27, 2019

Monday May 27, 2019
Memorial Day 2019

Blog time 1350 sitting in living room.

Yes folks today is my 82nd Memorial Day.  In my youth Memorial Day was the day Alpena had a big parade from downtown to the cemetery.  Area High School bands, the Alpena City Band, National Guard, various veterans group, fire and police trucks, floats and Scout troops. 
As a Boy Scout I marched in about five parades. Memorial Day was also the day I could take off my long underwear.

This morning we got up for good at 0630.  The temperature was in mid 60s.  Sun this morning but rain tonight.

Dressed and following our new Memorial Day tradition we headed to Saugatuck for breakfast. We arrived at 0830.  Folks had already lined Butler Street to watch the Parade.  The parade features the Saugatuck HS Marching Band, a military honor guard and all the police and fire trucks the Village owns.

We had breakfast at Pumpernickel.  We got a seat on their porch by the street.  Had a great view of the Parade as it passed by.  A great American spectacle.

After breakfast we walked around and looked in all the small shops that line Butler.  Nancy purchased one gift.

On way home;

Stopped at Ludema’s Greenhouse so Nancy could buy flowers.

At Fresh Thyme we bought blueberries, loaf of sourdough bread and a water melon.

Final stop Meijer’s so I could pick up a prescription.

Rest of today’s activities;

Light lunch.

Biked to Macatawa Bank to get money from ATM.  Kim comes tomorrow to clean.  Despite being wobbly I was able to ride my bike.  Good news.

Took my Sunday nap.

Fixed apple snack.

Light dinner.

Watched the news and had our evening snack.

Also watched Jeopardy.  The streak continues.

Tonight we watched an episode of Bosch.  I watched Fallet a crime show set in Sweden with English subtitles.


No comments: