Saturday, May 11, 2019

Friday May 10, 2019

Friday May 10, 2019

Blog time 1220 at Panera

Up at 0600 and took Ms P out.  It was 41 and windy, too cold for knickers.

Nancy has a busy day today.  Luckily her foot pain stopped so she got a good nights sleep.  She headed out at 0700 for her class at MVP.  At noon she has her Book Club.  They are meeting at our house.  Nancy still has several small chores to do before the members arrive.

Yesterday I put away my cold weather gear.  This morning I had to retrieve a pair of lined pants.  I needed the cold weather gear for my 7 mile ride to the Y.  

I feel sorry for the kids playing spring sports.  The weather has been brutal.

As soon as I arrived at the Y I got a message from my Sister, Helen, she said she was in Cadillac and heading to Panera.  It was snowing in Cadillac.

I hustled through my Y routine and arrived at Panera at 1020.  Helen and her Granddaughter, Paige, arrived at 1030.

Helen gave me my birthday present.  We also received and invitation to niece Jennifer’s wedding in June.  The wedding will be held in Johannesburg, Mi, or JoBurg according to locals.

Paige has a 1300 meeting with the Admissions Office at Grand Valley State.  She plans on attending GVSU in the fall.  

Early lunch, Helen and Paige had salads and I had yogurt.  We had an opportunity to get caught up on activities in Gaylord.  They left for GVSU at noon.  

This and that from news:

The trade talks between China and USA continues.  Both side are playing hardball.  

Uber goes public today.  Several news outlets say it was a disappointing start.  We have used Uber only once but Debbie and Missy in Ca say it is great.

Jobs are being created and wages have gone up recently.  I would think this is good for the economy but I am sure it will be a political issue in the 2020 election.

The majority of school millages in Tuesday’s election passed.  However, an important school millage in Alpena was crushed. Too many old folks?

Got home at 1400 and Book Club was just breaking up.  Nancy said everything went well.  I helped Nancy clean up.

Nancy has one more meeting with the Book Club this week.  They are meeting Sunday at the Moleski’s for a Mother’s Day brunch starting at 1500.  Husbands are included.

This afternoon:
Took a nap.  
Fixed our afternoon apple snack.
Emptied the dishwasher.

For dinner I had the apple salad that Nancy served for Book Club.  It was very good.

After dinner fixed Nancy her cheese and pill snack.  I had two oatmeal cookies followed by a short walk.

Tonight we watched Wycliffe, a cop show set in Cornwall, England.  Good show.  Next we watched Mystery Road an Acorn show set in Australia’s Outback. 




No comments: