Monday, May 20, 2019

Sunday May 19, 2019

Weekend Update for WE 19May19
Blog time 0920 Saturday sitting in living room

Saturday May 18, 2019

We had heavy rain move through early this morning.  Nancy said it was raining when she took Ms P out.

With the rain we decided to drive to Panera.  Arrived at 0730 and the place was empty and cold.  Ordered my normal oatmeal breakfast.

By the time we left Panera the rain had stopped.  Nancy started the laundry and I went on a 12 mile bike ride.  

A lot of folks were out walking and biking on the trail.  All the fruit trees are in full bloom.  With all the rain we have had  everything is green, green, green.

Performed some mild calisthenics before shaving and showering.  Lunch and then I headed to Woodland Mall.  I am still looking for an unlined cotton blazer to wear in warm weather.  Stopped at several stores but no luck.

At home I fixed our apple snack before a short nap.  This evening we are having dinner with our old neighbor Sonya.  

Picked up Sonya at 1730 and drove to Paddock.  Paddock is a pub type eatery located in the old Gibson’s restaurant.  Mostly snack type items and salads on the menu .  I did have the salmon which was the only dinner on the menu.  Nancy and Sonya both had salads which they said were very good.    We gave Paddock a B.

Got home at 2000.  Tonight we watched an episode of Scott & Bailey.  Debbie FaceTimed us this evening.  She seems to be over the jet lag from her China trip.  Also called Veronica to get an update on what was happening with her family.

Sunday May 19, 2019

We all got up at 0600.  Rain is predicted later this morning.  Nancy and I got dressed quickly and started on our Sunday morning walk around the block.  The sun was up and the temperature was a pleasant 58.  It started to rain just as we finished our walk.  Great timing!

After breakfast I made a quick trip to Panera for a coffee.  Today is a big day for Trinity Lutheran.  The big church renovation project is complete. Today the work was dedicated.  

We stopped at Meijer’s for supplies.  Gas today was $2.97 per gallon.  

Will we ever switch to the Metric system?  I would like to see it happen in my lifetime.

The rain had stopped by the time we got home.  Put away the groceries and then took a mile walk.  At 0.8 miles the rain started again.  Soaked by the time I got home.

Lunch and then read several sections of the GRP before taking my mandatory Sunday nap.  

This afternoon:

Fixed apple snack.

Took out the glass in our storm door and replaced it with the screen.  Every time I put in the screen or glass I have to go to Ytube to get instructions.  After several tries I got the screen in properly.

Also for the first time since October I turned off the heat.

Another sign warm weather is here;  we just had a thunder storm roll through.

Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  Also had spinach pie and bacon.  Good food.

Tonight’s activities included:

Snacks; cheese and pill for Nancy and two oatmeal cookies for me.

Finished reading the GRP.
Watched 60 Minutes, followed by an episode of Bosch. I also watched an episode of the Swedish show Black Widows on Prime.

As I was preparing for bed Missy and AJ FaceTimed us.  We got caught up on what was happening in LA and GR.  Missy complained about the cold weather in LA.  Today it was warmer in GR than LA.  In fact I just checked and most days next week GR will be warmer.   

  

  


No comments: