Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Monday May 13, 2019

Monday May 13, 2019

Blog time 1145 at Panera

Up at 0600 and headed out with Ms P.  Temp in low 40s but little wind.

Nancy’s cold was still bad but she insisted on going to MVP.  Later today she is taking Ms P to the beauty shop for her summer cut.

Breakfast and then I headed to the Y.  Pleasant ride today.  The conditions were cool and cloudy but no wind.  The leaves are almost 100%.  The full foliage makes looking into the woods difficult.  No critters noted.

Monday, so the Y was crowded.  Calisthenics and a 0.6 mile walk before heading to Panera.

This and That:

The stock market has dropped sharply.  Apparently China is retaliating for our raising tariffs.

Five folks at Panera stopped by my table and told me the Michigan Basketball Coach is going to the NBA.  Bummer, I liked the Coach.

Good grief they are still playing hockey.  Hockey season should end on St Patrick’s Day.  Not a Canadian team in the playoffs.

At home I showered and had lunch.  This afternoon I decided to start placing mulch in our courtyard.

I bought six bags of cypress mulch at Lowe’s.  It did not take long to spread six bags.  I estimate that I need another eight bags to finish the yard.  

A sure sign you are getting old.  Each bag of mulch weighs about 50#.  I had trouble handlings the bags.  My back was sore.  Ten years ago handling a 50# bag of mulch was easy.

After the mulch operation I prepared our afternoon apple snack followed by a  30 minutes nap in my recliner.  I think the reason I sleep so sound in the recliner is because my head is elevated.

The Groomer did a good job on Ms P.  She was given a summer cut.

We had a light dinner.  Fixed Nancy and Ms P their cheese snack.

We watched the news and then switched to Apple TV.  We watched an episode of Bosch followed by Mystery Road.

Nancy’s cold is not getting better.  Tonight she is sleeping on the couch.  She said she sleeps better on the couch.  I think it is because her headed is elevated.  We should buy a mattress that at the push of a button lowers or raises our head or feet. 

Good news:  a warming trend is coming soon!

  




No comments: