Friday, January 11, 2019

Thursday January 10, 2019

Thursday January 10, 2019

Starting blog at 1415 while sitting in living room

Up at 0630.  It was cold, 21, and windy this morning.  Wind chill in low teens.

Nancy headed out early for her swim at MVP.  She promised that she would swim 1/2 the laps she normally swims.  After the swim Nancy has a dentist appointment and then she is going out to lunch with Kathi.  This evening we are having dinner at Brann’s.

I waffled between walking and riding my bike.  The bike ride won out.  I took the 4.5 mile ride to the Y.  It took about 45 minutes which is about the maximum time I want to spend on my bike on these cold mornings.  Despite wearing safety glasses my left eye is very sensitive to the cold.  Warm mittens are better than gloves but my hands still get cold. 

Both the Y and Panera were busy this morning.  Folks getting back into their winter routine.

I checked the obits in the GRP and saw that a good neighbor’s son had died.  We might make a trip to the funeral home before dinner tonight.

Texted Missy to see if the Los Angeles teachers were on strike.  Missy said the strike was postponed until Monday.

Bike ride home was tolerable because I had the wind at my back.  Showered and then lunch.  Nancy got home about 1430.

I needed to pick up pants at Mr Thanh’s.  Nancy said she would join me if I let her off at Talbots’s in Breton Village while I continued on to the tailors.  Good plan.

Picked up pants and headed back to Breton Village.  I briefly looked in Orvis but did not find anything I needed.  Nancy also did not find anything at Talbots.  Stopped at Trader Joe’s on way home so Nancy could get some dog food for Ms P.

Kim come to cleans tomorrow so I cleared up my office.  We finished the afternoon with our apple snack.

At 1700 we drove to the funeral home to pay our respect to Pat McCarthy, a neighbor whose son had died.  We met a lot of neighbors and friends from Panera.  The loss of his son has to be a terrible burden for Pat.  We wish him well.

We had dinner tonight at Brann’s.  Nancy had a strawberry margarita and a chicken sandwich.  I had a glass of wine and a bowl of lobster bisque.  Good meal especially since we had a $10 coupon.


We got home in time for the news.  This evening we watched an episode of Midsomer Murders before turning in.  

No comments: