Monday, January 28, 2019

Sunday January 27, 2019

Sunday January 27, 2019

Weekend Update for  January 26 and 27

Blog time 1735 sitting in office on a cold, 10, winter’s afternoon.

It was a cold weekend.  The daytime temps never reached 20 and nightime temps in single digits.  The weather folks say it will get colder.

Saturday morning with wind chills below zero we are not walking to Panera. We will drive to new restaurant for breakfast.  Today we selected Manna Cafe on Forest Hills Ave.  We both had eggs and potatoes.   I had hash browns and Nancy had diced potatoes.  Ham for Nancy and sausage patties for me.  The sausage was made in-house and was especially good.  The waitress said they made the sausage with maple syrup.  We gave the restaurant an A.

On our way home we stopped at Horrock’s so I could buy a 35 pound bag of corn.  Dropped Nancy at home and I drove to Dick’s Sporting Goods to buy a replacement baclava.  No wool ones so I purchased a fleece.  Nothing beats wool for warmth.

The animal rights folks think shearing sheep is cruel.  They are pushing merchants to only sell fleece.  Good grief we have been shearing sheep for hundreds of years.  I was disappointed to learn that some merchants are listening.  Wool is good!  The mushheads should back off.

At home I took a 1.5 mile walk.  Lunch and then headed to the office to read the news.

Finished the afternoon with a nap.  This evening Nancy and I attended a GR Symphony Pops Concert.  It was a Jazz and Blues concert.  Before the concert we had a pizza at the Sports Bar in the Amway.  Our second meal of the day that we rated A.

A great concert.  Our heads were bobbing and feet stomping the entire concert.  We got home a little after 2200.

Sunday January 27

Ms P got us up at 0550.  Took her outside and decided it was too cold for our Sunday morning walk.  Went back to bed.

Did some calisthenics before breakfast.  I made a quick stop at Panera to get us a coffee to take to church.

After the service Nancy and I stayed and helped pack meals for the hungry.  Trinity Lutheran packed 20,000 meals today.  Nancy and I worked a 90 minute shift.

Stopped at Meijer’s on our way home.  Gas today was $2.34.  We arrived at Meijer’s at 1230 and the place was super crowded.  Most folks must stop at the store after church.  I assume most folks attended a 1100 service which seems very popular.

Lunch and read several sections of the GRP before my nap.  After the nap I put out corn for the deer.  Finished outdoor activities with a 1.5 mile walk.  To combat the cold I wore my snow pants that I purchased several years ago at Costco.  I never wear them because they are too warm.  Today they did the job.

Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  I also had spinach pie and bacon.

Two deer showed up to eat the corn.  This weekends big news was that the Feds are back to work.  Shutting down the Government for political gain is stupid!  If either Howard Schultz or Michael Bloomberg ran as an independent for President I would vote for them. 

This evening finished reading the GRP, watched 60 Minutes and an episode of Grantchester.  Debbie FaceTimed us this evening.  We gave her a recap of our winter weather and she described what a nice day they had in San Jose.  Bummer.

The weather folks say we can look forward to super cold weather through next Friday.  Wednesday is suppose to be super bad with a high temp of -1.  Brr!


No comments: