Monday, October 1, 2018

Sunday September 30, 2018

Sunday September 30, 2018

Blog time 1730 sitting in office with heater on

Sunday, the last day of September.  Last night I got up at 0300 and found that Ms P had done her bidness in the kitchen.  She is having troubles, no doubt stemming from her old age.  We might have to consider doggy diapers.

Another cold morning with temps in mid 40s.  Rain predicted for most of the day.  We were lucky because we completed our 1.5 mile walk around the block before the rain started.

I turned on the furnace to take the chill off.  After some stretches I dressed and drove to Panera for my morning coffee.  I usually get my Sunday coffee at church but the church kitchen is being renovated.  

Today we attended to 0915 Celebration Service at Trinity Lutheran.  I like this service because it is so informal.   I think Nancy might prefer the more traditional service.  In today’s service the Spruce Lutheran Church in Spruce, Mi was mentioned.  How many folks in GR have been to Spruce?  Answer: Spruce is 20 miles south of Alpena.

After church we headed to Meijer’s.  Gas today was $2.99 per gallon.  

At home I completed my stretches and calisthenics before having lunch.  Read several sections of the GRP before my nap.  

After the nap I headed downstairs and checked my email, read some online news and reviewed our financials.  I also checked my DNA sites to see if I have any new relatives.

I gave Grandson Lucas my old Apple Watch.  Debbie called today and said the watch is still connected to my iphone.  I will have to go to the Apple store tomorrow to correct this problem.

Nancy is fixing her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  We will also have spinach pie and bacon.

It has rained all day.  After dinner I put on my raincoat and walked to the mailbox.  


I fixed our evening cheese snack and then we settled down;  finished reading the GRP and watched 60 Minutes.  After Nancy headed to bed I watched some of the Sunday night football game.     

No comments: