Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Tuesday October 16, 2018

Tuesday October 16, 2018

Blog time 1110 at Panera

The temperature was 38 with little wind this morning.  Bright sun predicted for today.

Nancy has a busy day.  First her swim and then lunch with friends and finally we are having dinner at Noto’s with neighbors.  

Grand daughter report;

Granddaughter Alessandra wanted some photos of me in my Navy uniform.  I went to the archives and texted several.  Big problem, it is difficult to find a photo without me smoking a cigarette.

Granddaughter Akerke gave a book report on “The Diary of a Wimpy Kid”.  Missy put the report on YouTube.  It was great.

Bundled up for my bike ride to the Y.  Today I took the 7 mile route.  Bright sun, little wind, colorful trees made for a great ride.

This and that;

It is sad to hear of the death of Paul Allen cofounder of Microsoft.  From my perspective Microsoft’s window revolutionized my industry.  They made it possible for small firms to be competitive with the large ones.

The Cherokee Nation said Senator Warren’s DNA test proves nothing.  My Granddaughter Akerke’s DNA show Native American heritage.

Alpena, Mi reported first snow of the year.

After lunch made quick trip to Meijer’s.  Bought Triscuits and a small pill holder that fits in my pocket.  

As mentioned earlier Nancy and I attended the monthly neighborhood dinner at Noto’s.  We left home at 1800.  I had a glass of wine and talked with several neighbors.  Because of tomorrow’s surgery Nancy did not have any wine.  

Most of the neighbors are retired.  They have the time to take some nice trips.  It is fun to hear about their travels.  Nancy has the travel itch so she was taking notes.  The food at Noto’s is always good and tonight was no exception.  

We got home at 2030.  Watched an episode of Jack Ryan before turning in.




No comments: