Friday, October 5, 2018

Thursday October 4, 2018

Thursday October 4, 2018

Blog time 1120 at Panera

Once again we had thunderstorms roll through last night.  A sure sign Ms P is getting old, she did not move during the storm.  Temperature was in mid 60s this morning but will drop to 50 at bedtime.  Sunshine all day which is great.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY; LUCAS A. SCOTT

Today is Grandson Lucas’s 13th birthday, a milestone year for all young men.  In a note to Lucas I mentioned that when I turned 13;

No McDonalds or Pizza restaurant in Alpena

No TV, cell phones, computers or iPads.  Not even electric typewriters.

All bikes were single speed with coaster brakes.

I had not been out of the State of Michigan.

Never been on an airplane.

Never played Soccer.  I did not even know the rules.

However, I was one happy kid.

Nancy is swimming today and after breakfast I headed out to the Y.  Today I biked a slightly different hilly route. I changed the ride from 7.7 miles to 6.7 miles.

Stretches and calisthenics at the Y before biking the 1 mile to Panera.  Never see another bike tied up at Panera.  I often wonder why because it is an easy ride to all the housing units in Centennial Park.

This afternoon after lunch Nancy and I headed to Costco.  Nancy picked up a prescription and bought a new toaster.  Our old toaster was given to us by Stephen for Christmas many years ago.  Steve was in college.

I purchased wine, peanut butter and prunes.  Thursday afternoon is the best time to shop at Costco.  It is not very busy.  It must be senior citizen day.

Started moving some deck furniture downstairs.  Our days on the deck are limited.

For dinner we visited Schnitz Deli.  I had a bowl of soup and Nancy had a Philly steak sandwich.  I ate half.

Took a walk as soon as we got home.  Tonight we watched The Good Cop on Netflix.  We gave it a C but will watch episode 2.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched Serangoon Road a detective show set in Singapore in 1964.  I like this show.  I visited Singapore in 1964.

Our birthday boy Grandson Lucas FaceTimed us tonight.  He was on his way to soccer practice.  He had just completed football practice.  Lucas is one busy kid.

The temperature will drop tonight.  Rain and cold tomorrow.






No comments: