Friday, October 19, 2018

Thursday October 18, 2018

Thursday October 18, 2018

Blog time 1135 at Panera

It was 28 and clear when I first went out.  This is our first frost of the fall.  Frost is good because it kills all the bad bugs.

Nancy said she felt better this morning.  She said that she did not sleep well but promised me she will spend the morning reclining on the living room couch.

After breakfast, I put on my warm weather bike riding clothes and headed out into bright sun.  No wind so the 7 mile ride to the Y was pleasant.

Last night I tripped and fell down several basement stair.  Thought I might have some muscle damage but I did the normal routine with no pain.

This and that;

Alpena High won its first ever Boy’s Conference Cross Country title.  When I was in HS the only fall sport was football.  Cross Country is a great sport.

I can’t believe it, UBER is valued higher than General Motors, Ford and Chrysler combined.  Good Grief!

The alleged killing of the Saudi journalist is being heavily condemned in the US.  Sanctions are being proposed in Congress.  Should we also propose sanctions on Egypt and Turkey, two  nations with less than stellar reputation for civil rights.

Google refuses to work the for USA Defense Dept but jumps through all kinds of hoops to work in China.  Profits before Country.  Shame on Google!

Did not get home until after 1300.  I have been having problems getting up at a decent time when it is so dark.  Sunrise is now close to 0800.  Be glad when DST ends.  I have been running about an hour behind my Spring and Summer morning hours.  Makes for a short afternoon.

My first project after lunch was to raise my bike seat.  I told the Ada Bike folks last week to lower the seat.  I must have measured wrong because the seat was too low.  Searched through my tool boxes and found the tools to lower the seat.  Much easier than I expected.

After completing lowering the seat I started out on some errands.  I loaded my backup bike on the rack.  First stop was Macatawa to get money for Kim who cleans tomorrow.  Stopped at the Chow Hound and bought dry food for Ms P.  Final stop was Ada Bike.  My backup bike, the Bianchi, had a flat tire.  They fixed it while I waited.

While waiting I looked at Ada Bike’s cold weather gear.  Bike clothing is very expensive.  A pair of cold weather pants was $275.  I bought an almost identical pair at Mountain Warehouse for $60.  Same can be said for high visibility warm jackets.  I think hard core bike riders are very status conscious and willing to pay the high prices.

For dinner I had chicken noodle soup with a hot dog.  Nancy also had the soup.  After I did the dishes, took a walk and prepared the cheese snack.

We watched an episode of Endeavour before turning in.  


No comments: