Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Monday October 29, 2018

Monday October 29, 2018

Blog time 1050 at Panera

On a normal night I usually get up at least two times.  This morning at 0200 I emptied the dishwasher.  I think this type of nocturnal activity is normal for old guys.

It was 41 and pitch black when I first went out at 0630.  It will be a gloomy day with temps only in the high 40s.  This time of year we have a lot of gloomy days.  A camera flash will go off at noon on a gloomy fall day. 

This morning I had to retake one of my annual physical’s lab tests.  I did my exercise routine at home and then headed to the lab.  I was in and out of the lab in 10 minutes.

At home I put on my bike clothes and headed to Panera for breakfast.  I had an oatmeal breakfast.  I will take a seven mile ride after Panera.

This and that;

The shooting in the Pittsburgh Synagogue and the mailing of pipe bombs are terrible acts.  A sure sign that extreme hatred is just below the surface.  POTUS certainly has not been a unifying factor.  

A lot of stories on WW I.  The war ended 100 years ago in November, 1918.  The same year, my favorite aunt, Helen Hughes Woodley graduated from UM.  The first but not last of our family to attend UM.

Brazil has a new President.  He is a conservative.  Will he be able to overcome the powerful entrenched unions and the corrupt National Petroleum Company and it’s contractors?

Angela Merkel the German Chancellor is stepping down after her term expires in 2021.  Will this announcement put her in Lame Duck territory? The immigration crisis was a major part in her downfall.

At home a shower and then lunch.  After I made a quick trip to Costco.  I had to replenish my wine supply.  While in Gaylord this summer my sister introduced me to this great red wine whose name escapes me.  It starts with an A.  A lot of folks must agree with me because Costco just started stocking it.

This evening Nancy is attending a Volunteer’s Appreciation Dinner at the Gardens.  We had our apple snack early.  I also took my walk before dinner.

I had a light dinner.  Watched both NBC and PBS news.  Nancy got home about 2000.  She said it was a nice dinner.  A sign of the times;  Nancy had a menu choice between Cod and Cauliflower Steak.  The food police control.  What is wrong with good beef?


We watched an episode of Tunnel before turning in.  Temps will drop to low 30s tonight.

No comments: