Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Monday October 15, 2018

Monday October 15, 2018

Blog time 1120 at Panera

Mild rain when first went out this morning.  Temperature was  48.

Nancy put on warm jacket and headed to class at MVP.  She is also having lunch today with Kathi Kothe.

After breakfast I put on my rain pants and jacket and biked the short route to the Y.  It was a Costco morning.  My rain suit, pants and jacket were all purchased at Costco.

Normal Monday routine at the Y before heading to Panera.  This morning’s Alpena News had an article on the Great Metz Fire.  Today is the 110th Anniversary of the Fire.  Metz was a prosperous farming and logging community located north of Alpena.  Over 40 folk were killed in the fire.  It is the largest fire ever in NE MI.  The fire was a major news story not only in MI but nationally.  My Grandmother Hughes told me stories about the fire.

Just got an alert on my watch.  The rest of Oct will be drier and cooler.  Dry and cool is good.  We need a good frost to kill all the bugs.  In my youth I never imagined I would have a watch that would give me weather alerts, tell me the miles I walk or my heart rate.  Technology can be good.

The disappearance or killing of the Saudi reporter is not good.  Free speech should be the backbone of any legitimate government.  

After lunch I took my Bad Boy bike in to get the front disc brake fixed.  Also bought a super duper flashing pen light.  I will attach the light to my backpack.  Cannot be too careful when riding.

Spent about three hours this afternoon downstairs cleaning closets and putting all my causal clothes in crates.  I have about fifty items I will take to Goodwill.  I sorted my tees by type, Henley, crew, zip neck, mock tee, cold weather, etc and put them in labeled crates.  I now feel organized.

Every day Nancy and I share an apple, usually before dinner.  After dinner I fix Nancy a cheese snack she eats with her pill.  I usually take a walk after dinner but with the days getting shorter I will take the walk before dinner.
We had a light dinner.  After the news we watched two episodes of Scott & Bailey.  Temperatures will fall to mid 30s tonight.  






No comments: