Friday, October 26, 2018

Thursday October 25, 2018

Thursday October 25, 2018

Blog time 1120 at Panera 

Ms P woke me at 0500.  I took her outside, the temperature was 28.  Returned to bed and finally woke at 0700.  As they say on the Sports shows Nancy is still on injured reserve list.

After breakfast I head out.  Despite being below freezing the ride was pleasant because of the lack of wind.  Of course having ten pounds of clothes on didn’t hurt.  

We are close to full color.  We have had several freezing mornings but I have not seen any thin ice layers on ponds or small lakes. Probably because the ground has not yet cooled off enough.

Talked to several men at the Y regarding the current state of the country.  They all told me they just don’t watch the news anymore.  I don’t know if this is good.  An informed public is important to country’s health.

This afternoon Nancy and Mary Namey are going to a movie.  After they will stop by and pick me up for dinner.  We have not yet selected a restaurant.

Before lunch I spent some time getting our deck furniture ready for winter.  Put the cover over our glider.  Placed the dining table on it side and slid it against a brick wall where it will be protected from west wind and most snow.  Do folks living in warm climates do seasonal chores?

Showered and then lunch.  Spent some time online looking for a wool pea coat.  Jos Banks had one that looked good.  Called the store in Breton Village and they have one in my size.  I will stop by tomorrow.  

I took a short nap.  An afternoon nap seems to become a permanent afternoon fixture.  I don’t know if a nap is good for me but I do enjoy it.  I think I sleep sounder.

Nancy and Mary stopped by at 1820.  Ms P got so excited that she had a seizure.  We will have to talk to the Vet tomorrow about her seizures.

We had dinner at Panera.  We all had their soup which is always great.  Nancy said Lady GaGa was in the movie.  Both Nancy and Mary said she was great.

This evening we watched a new Netflix show called The Bodyguard.  I liked it but Nancy said she will reserve judgement until the second episode.  I also watched several minutes of the football game before turning in.








No comments: