Sunday, September 30, 2018

Saturday September 29, 2018

Saturday September 29, 2018

Blog time 1615 sitting in downstairs office with my electric fireplace going full blast.

Today was the coldest morning this fall.  Temperature was in mid 40s.  Nancy and I bundled up for our walk to Panera.  Hats, gloves and the new down jackets we recently bought a Costco.  We looked like twins.

Despite the cool weather we had bright sunshine so the walk was very pleasant.  At Panera we had our standard Saturday fare.

At home Nancy started the laundry and I got in the Escape and headed to Breton Village Auto Wash.  We are going out tonight with our neighbor Sonya so I wanted a clean car.  I also stopped at Orvis and bought a pair of khakis.  The material in Orvis’s khaki’s is nice and thick.  Reminds me of the Navy issue khakis.

I finished the morning with a 10 mile bike ride.  Too cool for my knickers this morning.  I wore lined sweat pants.

Lunch and then I headed downstairs to finish yesterday’s blog and read the papers.  With inclement weather coming I plan on spending more time in my office doing family history, etc.  I am working on a rearrangement plan.

We left home at 1730, picked up Sonya and headed to the Cork restaurant located at Watermark Golf Club.  Good thing we had reservations because the restaurant was crowded with young high school kids having a meal before the Homecoming Dance.  Great to see that the young men were all nicely dressed, ties and suits and no casual attire.  Of course the young women are always nicely dressed.

We all ordered wine and talked a spell before ordering.  I had the lake perch and it was great.


At home we watched an episode of Scott & Bailey followed by Grantchester.   For the first time this season I turned on the furnace to take the chill off the house.  I did turn it off before turning in.

No comments: