Friday, September 7, 2018

Thursday September 6, 2018

Thursday September 6, 2018

Blog time 1125 at Panera

With the later sunrise, 0811, it is harder for me to get up before 0630.  Dark and gloomy this morning.  Light rain last night but the temperature has dropped significantly.  

Nancy is swimming this morning. After breakfast I took my 7.7 mile ride to the Y.  In my favorite open field off Spaulding I counted over 50 wild turkeys.  We did not have turkeys in the Alpena area when I was young.

I think our current dog leash laws has resulted in more wild critters.  Dogs love to chase deer and wild birds.

This year is the 117th anniversary of the assassination of President McKinley.  Today’s Alpena News reported that an Alpena native killed the President.  Leon Czolgosz was born in Alpena.  He was an anarchist.

This and that

Through grades K-8 my sister and I walked home from school for lunch.  With our kids it was grades K-6.  Being within walking distance to a school is great.

Over the years I have noted the handshake of women has gotten firmer.

I keep getting breaking news alerts that PONTUS’s legal problems are getting serious.  It is like a feeding frenzy.

If someone asked me for the best president in my life time I would say immediately, IKE.

After a shower and lunch I gathered the trash and recyclables and took them to the curb.  Spent most of the afternoon in my office clearing my to do list.  No nap today.

Nancy picked up Ms P’s seizure meds today.  We gave her one.  Time will tell if they work.

For dinner tonight we headed to Shepard’s Grill.  The place looked like Senior’s Night.  I had a Lake Perch sandwich and Nancy a bowl of soup.  Great perch sandwich.

At home I took a walk to mailbox and then fixed our Apple and cheese snack.  Our Direct TV continues to act up, so tonight was an Apple TV night.  We watched an episode of Vera.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched the final season 2 episode of Goliath.  It was not very good.  Billy Bob wears on me.





No comments: