Monday, September 24, 2018

Sunday September 23, 2018

Weekend Update;

Saturday September 22, 2018

Blog time 1400 sitting in office;

As the weather folks said it would be cool this morning.  They were right.  It was 47 when first went out this morning.

Nancy and I left on our walk to Panera at 0740.  Despite the cold we had bright sun on our walk.

Panera was empty when we arrived.  We noted that across the street at the Crown Plaza a group of Shriners were assembling for what looked like a parade.  They had antique farm tractors, fire trucks and cars.

We had our normal Saturday fare.  We did linger over coffee.

At home we got in the Escape and headed to an Estate Sale in our neighborhood.  The home is located in the Heathmoor Condo Association.  Heathmoor is part of a group of three associations in Centennial Park.  The sale was in a beautiful condo with plenty of floor to ceiling windows.  I pass it daily on my bike ride.  Nancy purchased a vase.

At home Nancy started doing laundry and I put on my bike clothes and headed out.  Traffic was very heavy this morning especially on 28th Street near the Cascade Library.  28th was blocked off so the Shriners could have their parade.  A lot of folks lined the street.

I wore my knickers and my legs got cold.  It is still too early to put them in storage.  Traffic on all the streets along my route was heavy.  It looked like parents taking their kids to soccer games.

Lunch and then I headed downstairs to finish yesterday’s blog.  My nephew Jason Crandall has purchased a Brooks bike saddle for me.  I just got a call from Jason’s coworker and he is in GR.  I will meet him at Meijer’s Gas Station to make the exchange.

Picked up my new bike seat at Meijer’s.  While I was at the station I filled up but can’t recall price.

Spent several hour messing around with my bikes.  Put my new Brooks saddle on my BadBoy and put the old Brooks on my backup bike.  I would starve to death as a mechanic because I have no manual dexterity.

Nancy fixed tamales with rice for dinner.  Love tamales.  

Debbie FaceTimed us tonight.  We got caught up on our past week’s activities.  I love FaceTime and messaging.  Today I exchanged several messages with Missy.

Tonight we watched an episode of Scott & Bailey.  It was kind of gruesome.

Today is the Autumnal Equinox, first day of Fall and equals hours of daylight and dark.  The days will continue to get shorter finally bottoming out at 9 hours in late December.

Sunday September 23, 2018

The alarm goes off at 0615.  The temperature was a cold 45.  We put on warm clothes and headed out on our 1.5 mile Sunday walk.  We both took flashlights because the sun was not up yet.

At home I had breakfast, dressed and headed to Panera for coffee.  We left for the 0915 service at Trinity Lutheran at 0845.

Church was crowded.  The Celebration Band was in fine fiddle.

After church we returned to the Estate Sale.  Nancy purchased several Royal Daulton pieces and several small candy dishes.  After leaving the sale we headed to Meijer’s for supplies.

I read several sections of the GRP before lunch.  Following lunch I took my mandatory Sunday nap.

Finished the afternoon with a short bike ride around the neighborhood.  My new Brooks saddle will need some breaking in.  I hope the break in time is short.

Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  Also had bacon and spinach pie.

Finished reading the GRP and watched 60 Minutes before switching to Prime.  We watched an episode of Grantchester.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched some of the Lions game.  Good grief they won!








No comments: