Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Tuesday September 4, 2018

Tuesday September 4, 2018

Blog time 1100 at Panera

More heavy showers rolled through last night.  The rain had stopped when first went out at 0645.  The high humidity continues.  I empty our dehumidifier every morning.

Nancy headed out early for her Tuesday swim at MVP.  After breakfast I biked to the Y following my 7.7 mile route.  With all the rain every depression is filled with water.  

The Y was busy this morning.  The fall schedule of classes has started.  Spin classes are very popular.

I expected to be harassed this morning at Panera by all the Notre Dame fans.  I was spared because they were absent.  Must still be celebrating.

From the news:

Labor Day is gone so the Pols are in full attack mode for the November elections.  It is embarrassing.

Speaking of attack mode the hearings begin today for Supreme Court Nominee Kavanaugh.  Be nice folks.

I really don’t know POTUS’s strategy for getting a NAFTA treaty with Canada.  Can’t neighbors sit down and hammer something out?

Hiring Now! Is the sign I see in every business.  

BRexit seems to be going nowhere.  Why doesn’t the UK just bail out.

It was 88 and humid when I left Panera.  At home showered and had lunch.

After lunch started errands.  First stop Macatawa Bank to make a deposit.  At Ace I bought 75 watt, 1100 lumens, bulbs.  Stopped at D&W to mail monthly notes to Grandkids and a package.  Final stop Woodland Mall.  I bought a charger for my Apple Watch.

Nancy is fixing Shepard’s Pie for dinner with green beans.

This day in 1938.  From Ossineke, Mi my Great Grandfather Sanborn wrote that it was Sunday and the weather was cool and clear.  

Sunday School, after a summer break, starts again at Ossineke Methodist Church.  GGF attended a County League Baseball game in the afternoon.  Ossineke beat East Bay 14 to 7.  10 folks attended the evening church service.  A short and crisp entry.  Maybe I should follow this format.  You think!

The Trader Joe’s Shepard’s Pie was great.  We resumed our normal weekday routine.  Dishes, walk, apple and cheese snack before TV.  Tonight we watched NCIS followed by Prime’s Jack Ryan show.  The hot humid continues through tomorrow.


No comments: