Monday, September 3, 2018

Sunday September 2, 2018

Sunday September 2, 2018

Blog time 1220 sitting in living room

Boy did it rain last night.  Heavy thunderstorms with lots of rain.  Ms P went bonkers.

It was still raining when I took Ms P out at 0615.  The ground is totally saturated.

The rain prevented us from our Sunday walk around the block.  I did my calisthenics at 50% and stretches before breakfast.  After breakfast made a quick run to Panera for my morning coffee.

0845 headed to Trinity Lutheran for 0915 service.  Small crowd today.

After church we drove to Rite Aid in East Grand Rapids to purchase Fiber One cereal.  They had a two for one sale.  We also made our Sunday stop at Meijer’s for groceries and gas.  Gas was $2.75 today.

Things I remember

My freshman year in high school I took; Latin, General Science. Algebra, English and Physical Education. I was on what was called the college preparation program.

Labor Day around 1970,  we took Debbie and Missy to see the Sparta Rodeo.  Rodeos must be out of favor.  I have not seen an ad for one in several years.

I did not start drinking coffee until my junior year in college.  I now drink about 24 oz per day.

After lunch I took a quick nap.  Needed some exercise so I got on bike and rode (I originally spelled rode “road”) the 5 mile route to the Y.  I was surprised at how busy the Y was.  Dropped off fresh exercise clothes and brought the dirty ones home.

Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  I had mine with spinach pie and fresh melon.
After the cheese and apple snacks we watched an episode of Grantchester.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched a show on the Texas Rangers set in the 1840s.  The rain continues tonight.




No comments: