Monday, September 17, 2018

Sunday September 16, 2018

Weekend Update for week ending September 16, 2018

Blog started on Saturday at 1350 while sitting in den.  

Up at 0630;  dark but warm when took Ms P out.

Nancy and I walked to Panera this morning.  We arrived at 0800 and the place was empty.  I had my standard oatmeal breakfast and Nancy a cup of coffee.

At home Nancy started the laundry and I headed out on a bike ride.  Today I took my Buttrick Ave route.  I did note some maples are beginning to show some color.  Total bike miles 12.

After a shower we headed to Breton Village Mall.  Nancy visited Talbots and I stopped at Fitzgerald and Orvis.  We purchased nothing.  

Breton Village is no longer a mall.  All stores have an outside entrance.  No enclosed common area for walking.  It is ok in warm weather but during winter will customers stay away.

It was a hot, 84, humid day.  Except for a short walk after dinner I remained inside.  Nancy fixed a great chicken salad with corn on cob. Great warm evening fare.

Debbie FaceTimed us this evening.  We watched several episodes of the Tunnel before turning in.

Sunday September 16, 2018

Alarm goes off at 0615.  The weather app says another warm humid day.  

We started our morning with a 1.5 mile walk around the block.  It was dark so I carried a flashlight.  We encountered only one vehicle.

Nancy showered and dressed for church.  After breakfast I made a quick trip to Panera for my morning coffee.  

We left for Trinity Lutheran for the 0915 service.  The church again was full.  We sat near the Gohlke’s.  They both graduated from Alpena High School.

Gas was $2.97 at Meijer’s today.  Church was full but Meijer’s was empty.  Is this significant?

Today for first time in ages I rowed 2 k on my rowing machine.  It took nearly 10 minutes.  My super duper watch said my average heart rate was 124.  This is a perfect aerobic exercise for me.  Also did some stretches and calisthenics.

I had a quick lunch before reading several sections of the GRP.  I took a short nap.

At 1500 we headed to the Moleski’s for an early dinner.  All of Nancy’s book club was in attendance.  It was very warm so we sat outside.  Tom grilled steaks, potatoes and vegetables.  Very good.  Good wine, food and company what more could you ask for on a hot afternoon.

Tonight we started watching 60 Minutes but since it was reruns we switched to Netflix and watched an episode of Call the Midwife.  Nancy headed to bed and I started watching Better Call Saul, not very good.  

This and that on the weekend;

Did Senator Feinstein drop a bomb on POTUS’s Supreme Court nominee?

I watched less than 10 minutes of football this weekend.

The maple trees are turning color.

We saw four deer in the backyard on Saturday and Sunday.  We also had a flock of turkeys.

Have the Robins left already?

Tariffs, the elections, and World affairs are on my back burner.  I think the cause is media overload.




No comments: