Thursday, January 11, 2018

Wednesday January 10, 2018

Wednesday January 10, 2018

Today is a recovery day.  Air travel takes its toll on my body.  Need several days of easy activity to recover.  My sleep patterns are also disrupted.  I was up at 0515.  The weather folks are saying our January thaw will continue for several more days.  I hate winter thaws.  They create a mess and I think are unhealthy.

Spent an hour unpacking and getting the house back to its Bob and Nancy mode.  After these chores were completed I grabbed my backpack and walked to Panera.  I had an oatmeal breakfast.  I spent a lot of time catching up on my blog and little time reading the news.  

The thaw has cleared the walks so I made good time getting home.  Lunch and then I got in the Escape and ran errands.  First stop was Meijer’s to buy a pack of Voortman’s sugar free oatmeal cookies.  Voortman is a West MI firm but I first encountered the cookies at a Walmart in CA.  They are almost too good to be true.  Next stop was Costco to get my broken card replaced.  It took all of 5 minutes.

I did take a nap this afternoon.  Spent several hours in office reading mail and checking finances.

Light dinner followed by news.  We moved back into the den but could not get Netflix to work so moved back to living room.  We watched an episode of The Crown.  This episode was about President Kennedy’s visit to the UK.  JFK was not depicted as a nice guy.  


It was 50 when I took Ms P out at 2200.  We were both asleep by 2230.   

No comments: