Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Saturday January 6, 2018

Saturday January 6, 2018

Blog written in motel room in Carson. CA, 2100

Up at 0600 and head downstairs for some oatmeal, bagels, fruit and coffee.   It was foggy with temps near 60.  The weather folks said the fog would burn off by 0900.  They were right.  It ended up being a nice day, especially since I checked the weather in GR.  Temps in GR were in single digits.  Brrr!

Today we are going to watch Grandson Lucas play baseball.  His team is entered in a weekend tournament.  The tournament is in a town called Hawaiian Gardens.  Relatively light traffic, for California, so we made the trip in 30 minutes.  Lucas’s game started at 1000.  They play six inning games.  Today Lucas’s team played a double header.  Unfortunately Lucas’s team lost both games.

Lucas plays in on a team made up of 12 year old boys.  When I was 12 there was no Little League.  Alpena did have a summer softball league.  I did not play because I worked on my Grandfather’s Farm.  I have never played in a baseball game.

After the last game Nancy and I started back to the motel.  We did make a quick stop at a place called the Roadhouse Grill for a light meal.  I had a cup of chili and Nancy and I split a turkey sandwich.  

Watched the LA Rams/Atlanta Falcon’s game before turning in.  


No comments: